CHAPTER NINETEEN.

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

CHASING REGULUS.

"REGULUS!" THE BLONDE GIRL jolted awake from her bed, the cold breeze from the midnight hour kissing her face

"REGULUS!" THE BLONDE GIRL jolted awake from her bed, the cold breeze from the midnight hour kissing her face. She just had a nightmare. No, it wasn't about her family and her past, but it was about her lover. Just as she was about to reach out for him in the side of her bed, she instead found an empty space. The boy she was looking for was no where to be found at the moment, and she realised that it was only her on her bed, in the Hufflepuff house. Caroline immediately covered her mouth, at the realisation that she might wake up the others. Her and Regulus came back from the Slytherin's hideout a few hours ago and decided to, well, make love. It was a strange feeling, really. It was as if she was longing for him lately, a lot more than she usually did. And because of the certain drive of emotion, they just did it.

Caroline inhaled deeply and tried to go back to sleep, concluding that Regulus must've went back to the Slytherin house by now. But before she could completely shut her eyes, she noticed a piece of paper that was left there on her bedside table. The young girl got up again and checked it. It was from Regulus himself.

And to her surprise, the letter contained everything her nightmare just narrated to her a few minutes ago.

Heart beating quickly inside her chest, she rose from her bed and grabbed a piece of paper, and with a quill, she started to write, 'Dear Sirius, This is about your brother, Regulus...'

Her thoughts were racing in her head, and it was as if her heart was about to jump out of her chest. But Caroline tried to keep a straight face as she dressed up and held the letter she just wrote in the palm of her hands. She knew what she had to do. The risk she was going to take, and where it was all going to lead her to. It was hilarious of her to do. Because looking back, she swore to herself that she wouldn't chase a man, or do anything extravagant for one. But for Regulus, she would most likely start to sprint. She would do everything for him—a thought that excited her yet haunted her. Heading down the steps of the bedroom, she heard another set of feet follow her. "Caroline!" The voice of her best friend greeted her from behind. The blonde cursed inwardly, and wondered why Amara had to wake up at this hour, but she guessed it was time that she learned what was going on. "Where are you going at such an hour?" The brown eyes of Amara pinched at her heart, almost making her feel guilty. But she made her decision, and there was no turning back now.

"Amara, oh my dear Amara." She hugged her tightly, her arms holding onto the brown haired girl like she was her life. As she let go, she took a deep breath and held the girl's left hand, placing the letter she wrote to Sirius. "Please, promise me a few things. Promise me, not to open this letter, and to bring it to Sirius once the dawn comes. Alright?"

With a confused expression on her face, Amara furrowed her eyebrows, asking "Caroline, what's going on? And why do you look like you're panicking? You're scaring me. A-And what's with that look on your face?"

"P-Please, Amara. Promise me." Her voice cracking and her eyes somehow watery, the blonde begged her best friend. Amara could only nod as she took the letter into her hands. "I will be gone for a long time. Or for how long Merlin knows when. And I don't know if I can ever return, but, before we part, just please promise me one more thing...please don't tell anyone that I'm going after Regulus."

"W-What?"

"I-I'm going after Regulus, and I'm going to try to save him."

"Save him?! Merlin's beard, Caroline?! Have you gone mad?! Both Jack and I warned you not to meddle with whatever organisation that boy was involved in and you're going after him?! Caroline, please, we talked about this! Sure I support you and your relationship, but please, once it goes this far, I don't know if I can follow!" Tears threatening to fall from the brunette's eyes, she held onto Caroline's hands tightly, practically telling the blonde not to go.

"I'm not asking you to follow. I'm just asking you to...be alright. When something goes wrong, please, keep your promise. I love you Amara. And I always will." And with one last look, Caroline turned her back on that one person who was there for her the most, and carried on with her journey.