Chapter 16

LuxeLopez: Going to try out the dark hair for a while

9,700,000 likes ~ 29,000 comments

---

Minus my performance with Drake, it has been a short while since I've just held a concert. With everything going on in my life, I have just been pushing my career to the side and I have found myself missing it.

"An evening with Luxe Lopez." My mom recites the name of my concert back to me. "This is going to be a really good night for you."

"I'm just happy that everyone showed up." I reference to my family members who have all been emotional and kind of spaced out since I revealed my latest diagnosis. 

"When Luxe is ready to sing, we are always here." My dad walks into my dressing room and I smile at him. "These days you don't like to show off the beautiful vocals that God gave you so if I have to come to your show to hear you sing then come, I will."

"Ain't that truth." My mom nudges me. 

"You look beautiful." My dad says as I stand up, we embracing for a moment before I pull away. "It's been like six years since you've last had dark hair and wow, you look just like your daddy."

My mom and I laugh at his comment.

"Luxe is my twin." My mom says and I flip my hair to the side.

"And I'm slaying." 

"You'll be slaying once you get your face on." My mouth drops as my parents start laughing as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

"Get outta here." I give them a push. "You guys need to be watching your grandchildren while I get ready."

I joke around with my parents for a few more minutes before they leave my dressing room. Once they're gone, I'm left to my own thoughts as my glam team get to work on making me show ready.

The show tonight will be rather intimate and I will be working on a small stage than I'm used to. The only people on stage will be my band, the cameramen and some of the dancers.