Chapter 4

I take a seat on the stool and fake a smile as I am handed a microphone

I take a seat on the stool and fake a smile as I am handed a microphone. I am about to record an acoustic cover of Lightweight which is a song that I collaborated on with Kandice for her album. Even though I released an album, Matrix which is highest selling album to date, I just don't have the same passion for music.

Music used to be my escape, my pain and my joy but now I don't have that anymore. After everything that happened to me this past year, I have had to put my focus on getting better and taking care of my children.

A couple of months ago, I agreed to start recording an album with Kandice, Elle, Violet and Nia. We are currently taking a break from filming and recording because we are clashing too much. We all come from different musical backgrounds which shows and we all have different styles which is making it hard to work together. 

Recording a single is fine but a whole album is a lot since it is going to be original work. Elle is too carefree, Kandice knows fuck all about music, Nia thinks she knows it all. Violet isn't too focused because she is filming a movie at the same time and I'm too much of a perfectionist.

The slightest words you said
Have all gone to my head
I hear angels sing in your voice
When you pull me close
Feelings I've never known
They mean everything
And leave me no choice

I close my eyes as I continue to sing the song.

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can't even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak

I hear a small commotion going on in the background so I open my eyes just before I hit the chorus only to see my two year old daughter running towards me. I shake my head at my brother Christian who was supposed to be keeping her occupied while I film this cover.

Christian grimaces and I hold out my free arm for my daughter who runs into them. I cuddle her to my chest and thankfully she has the headphones on because I can get pretty loud, acoustic or not.

I'm a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I'm blown away
You're in control of my heart
I'm a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart

Maya calmly sits on my lap as I sing the rest of the song. I couldn't stand up or move around as much as I would have liked because Maya is going through a clingy stage. Even though it does get annoying, I love her to bits and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, I'm a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I'm blown away
You're in control of my heart
I'm a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling apart, oh
Falling apart

"YAY!" Maya cheers as I finish the song and I give her biggest kiss on the cheeks which makes her smile. "You are amazing."

"So are you." I kiss her nose. "You're perfect."