Chapter 12

LuxeLopez: Reunited and it feels good

3,400,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

"Look at those abs." Katy glances over at me and I chuckle. "You've really been hitting the gym."

"If being Maya's mama is gym then I definitely have been putting in the work." I joke as I think of the way that I run around chasing my daughter. "After my health issues, I decided that it's time to start treating my body like a temple."

"I'm happy for you." Katy smiles over at me as she lays down on the sun lounger. "How have things been with Michael?"

"Michael is great, he is just working on getting custody over Adonis

"Michael is great, he is just working on getting custody over Adonis. It has put him under a lot of stress but thankfully, he hasn't been taking his anger out on me like he used to." I pause for a moment. "We communicate a lot and we're in a better space."

"I love that for you." Katy reaches over and squeezes my hand. "I know that it wasn't happy but I'm happy that you guys were able to make it work."

"I thought you didn't like him."

Katy laughs, "I didn't and I still don't but he makes you happy."

"He does." I sight before turning to face her. "How has life been for you?"

I haven't seen Katy in a while which is a shame but we have all been so busy with our lives. As you get older, it gets harder to maintain the lifestyle that you used to have so I haven't been on a girls trip in a year or so.

Between raising the kids and managing my businesses, there just isn't enough time to do things for myself.

"Jon and I have been amazing." Katy smiles. "We're working on the launch of a clothing brand which is so exciting because we have all of these amazing ideas but making it come to life is a challenge."

"It's scary too." I nod my head in understanding. "I'm really happy for you guys and I wish you all the best with your clothing life. If you need any help then I am always able to give a helping hand even if it's promotion or whatever."

Katy gives my hand another squeeze and we lay out there in the sun for another twenty minutes. As happy as I am to be here with Katy, I need to tell her what's going on because it is eating me up.

"I have to tell you something." I sit up and turn to face her with a serious look on my face. 

"What?" Katy sits up. 

"I lied when I told you that I was ok." I try to smile but it comes off as a grimace. "Katy, I'm sick."

---

LuxeLopez: Just paid my store @TheLuxe a visit and I was so happy to meet a bunch of you

LuxeLopez: Just paid my store @TheLuxe a visit and I was so happy to meet a bunch of you. As a thank you for supporting my businesses, I have a treat for you. For the next seven days I will be gifting everyone who buys from @LuxeDiaCosmetics and @LuxeGlass. If you spend up to $50 from my makeup line then you will receive a free pair of sunglasses. If you spend less than $50 you will receive two mini lipsticks of your choice. I love you all x

8,000,000 likes ~ 29,090 comments

---

After I finish posting on my social media pages, I put Maya back in her stroller as we prepare to leave my store. 

"You are all doing amazing." I smile at my staff. "I'm sure that you will all see my instagram page later but let me tell you guys in advance."

They all look at me in confusion.

"I want to thank you all for working here. I know that it hasn't been easy because we get a lot of fans and reporters here but everything that you do is appreciated. I'm thankful that you guys chose to stick around." They smile at me and I blink back tears. "As a thank you, I am giving you guys a $500 bonus on your next two paychecks and you get to treat yourself to the products here, up to $200."

Their jaws drop at the news and one girl even starts to cry which makes me laugh.

The next few moments are tear filled as my staff thank me and tell me how much they support me. My staff did not sign an NDA prior to working here but they have done so well in managing the place and making sure that things don't get out. 

Maya and I end up sticking around for another thirty minutes before we leave as Maya starts complaining about being tired. 

We encounter many fans and paparazzi on the way to my car but since I am in a good mood, I engage in conversation with them. By the time I put Maya in her car seat, she is fast asleep and my smile falters for the first time that day.

This is what I'm going to be leaving behind.

"I'm going to beat this." I say to myself as I start going through my driveway. "I'm not dying, I haven't made it this far just to give up."

I look up at the sky as I park my car outside of my house

"You didn't save me the first time just to put me back in this." I bite down on my lower lip. "I have a two year old, I have a three year old who need me. I have a husband and a family who need me. I need me to be here."

Hearing nothing in response a lone tear rolls down my face.

"I'm not ready to die." I whisper to myself as I stare down at the steering wheel. "You can't take me, I'm not leaving."