Chapter 23

The aftermath of the fight was pretty hectic as we had to deal with the situation at hand as delicately as we could because of the children being a few doors down. It took Michael a while to wake up and we even contemplated calling the ambulance but I didn't want Justin getting arrested for assault.

Michael has thankfully chosen not to get the cops involved but we decided to sleep separately because what he did was unacceptable. He had no right to fly in with Terrence then start a whole fight with him knowing that he cheated on me first.

Boundaries were crossed.

"I never want you to do that again." I tell my brother who looks at me with a blank expression. "I appreciate what you did and I know why you did it but I don't want you getting in trouble because of me."

"You should have never given him another chance."

I smile sadly, "Perhaps."

"Luxe." Justin holds my hand. "You deserve so much better than what you settle for. The only guy that I was ok with you dating was Terrence because he actually respected you and understood boundaries. Michael cheated on you with... Petra."

Petra is somebody that I have grown to strongly dislike due to the nature of her relationship with Justin and Quincy. I don't personally know her but she used to date Justin then she disappeared and suddenly she wanted Quincy which is fucked on so many levels.

Now she has kissed my man but I don't hate her, I feel sorry for her because obviously she's lost in this world.

I'm mad at Michael because he is the one that I married and gave multiple chances to. Marrying somebody who physically abused you while in the public eye is not easy especially when you released a documentary on your life.

The whole world knows about what went down and I get hundreds of messages from women bashing me for being a bad example to young girls. I had the chance to walk away but I married my abuser and it's difficult to live life knowing that everyone knows.

"You have your own life." I give his hands a squeeze. "You are the one that I worry about because you act as if everything is ok when I know it's not. My life has been a mess for a really long time but I'm trying to be happy. I know that you guys don't like Michael because of what he did but he honestly has changed and I'm not saying that to prove anything. One year of marriage to him has been beautiful but I'm sick and the doctors can't save me which scares me because I have two beautiful kids waiting on me."

"Luxe." Justin buries his face in my lap as he begins to cry.

"I know that we said our vows but Michael also deserves to be happy and I can't say that I have been the most pleasant person to be around since receiving the news." I lean down to kiss his head. "But we all have to be strong and cherish these moments now more than ever. If I die then Michael will likely receive custody over Maya so I want you guys to be on good terms so she can continue to have her loved ones in her life."

"We have to be better than this." A tear falls from my eyes. "I know that you're pretty mad but I want this trip to be a good one so for me, just let this go."

"You deserve better." Justin sniffles before sitting up right. "You're way too smart and beautiful to be taking crap from somebody who cheated."

"I love you Justin." I smile as we share a sweet embrace. "Someday you're going to find someone who will make you go bananas and I hope that it will be better than this."

---

"I think we should separate." Micheal's words take me by surprise and all I can do is stare at my daughter who is currently being dressed by me. "Not a divorce but a legal separation."

"The fact that you think it's appropriate to discuss this infront of our daughter is concerning." I calmly say while buttoning the back of Maya's shirt.

"It's not a discussion." He responds while leaning against the wall. "I'm telling you exactly what's going to happen because this is not healthy."

"Atleast we can agree on something." I rub my lips together before glancing up at him. "A separation would be for the best."

Michael's eyes slightly widen in surprise. 

"We aren't the same people anymore so I am in full agreement of a separation." I turn my daughter around to give her a kiss. "Mommy loves you."

"Maya loves you." She responds in a cute voice before throwing her arms around my neck. "Let's go to the beach."

"We will." I give her a small squeeze before looking up at Michael. "I take it that you will be moving out once we return home. You don't have to worry about me doing or saying anything to spoil your attempts at retaining full custody over Adonis."

"This isn't what I wanted." Michael gives me a sad look. "I don't want any of this."

"You kissed another woman, Mike." I sigh while handing Maya her tablet before she joins Adonis on the sofa. "I kissed another man and your reaction was so stereotypical that it's almost comical. You flew Terrence out here to fight him infront of me while I chose not to even acknowledge Petra because she doesn't mean anything to me. The anger that you feel needs to be directed back at you."

"It's different because you were engaged to Terrence and I never even dated Petra." Michael snaps and I narrow my eyes at him while gesturing to the children. "You could have kissed anybody but you had to go back to my friend."

"So what?" I look at him as if he's crazy. "It's not about who I kissed, it's the why that matters. I know that my medical situation is less than ideal but you have completely pulled away from me when I needed you most. I act as if I'm ok infront of everybody but I should be allowed to be myself with you because you are the one that I chose."

"You pulled away from me first." Michael drops down to his knees infront of me and we both stare into eachother's eyes. "I tried to be strong but how was supposed to feel? I'm being told that my wife might die at any given moment, there's no diagnosis and there's no cure. I'm a full time actor, a dad to two kids and I'm currently going through a custody battle so tell me... what am I supposed to do?"

"Fight." I tell him simply. "You're supposed to keep fighting until you can't."

Michael cups my face, "Then why did you give up?"

"I gave up because I was scared that I would leave all you behind." A tear falls from my eye. "Now I'm fighting, harder than I ever have because I will not allow myself to go without kicking and screaming."

"How do I fix this?" He searches my eyes for answers and I smile sadly.

"You can't."