Chapter 21

We need to talk.

I sigh as I read the text from Terrence.

The kiss that we shared was special but I also know that it was wrong so I told Michael about it and he flipped out on me. I didn't tell him who it was with because I didn't want him to go looking for his best friend but I let him know that I kissed somebody that I cared about.

He thought that I did it to get back at him for kissing Petra and maybe I did but there's also a part of me that just wants to be desired. With my illness, Michael is just so fragile with me and at times it feels as if he stuck around because I'm sick.

I bite down on my bottom lip as I look at an old image of Terrence and I from when we first started dating. The way our relationship came about was from him protecting me from Michael's abuse and just being a good friend to me.

What would have happened if I married Terrence?

"Oh Luxe, that daycare is perfect." My mom smiles as she walks into my living room with two glasses of orange juice in her hand and I quickly exit my photo gallery before locking my phone. I thank her as I take a glass from her hand

"Maya has been there a couple of times as part of a trial and things look good." I smile as I think of my two year old who will soon start attending daycare. She is at an age where she needs to socialise and learn things that I can't teach her at home.

Since I'm not going to Mexico for work, I need to keep her preoccupied while I fight this illness. Michael is still going through the custody battle with Adonis which is why we have not been able to enrol him into daycare.

"Hopefully Mike will win the custody battle." My mom tells me as she sits down besides me and I smile at her. "What's been going on with the whole instagram thing? I heard that you both unfollowed eachother."

"Michael has been acting weird so I just decided to unfollow him and then he told me that he cheated on me with Petra." I roll my eyes and my mom lets out a dramatic gasp. "They kissed at some event."

"Luxe, I'm so sorry." My mom gives me a hug and I rest my head on her shoulders. "How are you feeling?"

"It made me feel like shit

"It made me feel like shit." I tell her honestly. "He broke my heart so I went ahead and kissed Terrence J last night."

Her eyes bug out, "What the fuck?"

"He doesn't know that it was him but I told him this morning that I did kiss another man." I take a sip of my drink. "I'm not proud of it but it made me realise that I'm not happy and he probably isn't either."

"Why do you say that?"

I smile sadly as a tear rolls down my face, "My illness. This stupid illness that is ruining my life, so much has changed in our lives because of it and we're unhappy. I'm trying to make the most of things but I can't help that I'm not as strong as I used to be, I'm not the woman that he married and it just seems as if our time is coming to an end."