Chapter 6

"A hysterectomy cannot be reversed." The doctor states and I let a few tears slip. Even though I already knew this due to my research, I just thought that they would say that something can occur.

Michael grabs a hold of my hand and rubs it.

"I understand that you want to get pregnant but it is not possible in any case." The doctor continues as he starts to read over my file. "Prior to the hysterectomy, your chances of getting pregnant were at a 18% chance."

"But I was pregnant before I went into the coma." I state. "Eighteen percent was enough because I had one child and I was pregnant with another."

The doctor sighs as he begins to talk me through everything that was wrong with my ovaries and uterus. We start talking about other possible options for the future which Michael isn't a fan of but I'm happy that he is partaking in the conversation.

"I could look through your recent records and I can find out if some of your eggs were taken prior to the procedure." I gesture for the doctor to continue. "If there were eggs saved and they appear to be healthy, we could consider the surrogacy option."

We talk for a couple more minutes before ending the meeting.

"How are you feeling now?" Michael asks as we get into his car.

"Alright, I guess." I blandly respond as I put on my seatbelt.

Michael just sighs, "I know that you didn't get to hear what you wanted to hear but atleast we have other options."

"I know."

---

I've just arrived at the Luxe Dia Cosmetics and LuxeGlass offices is located in Oxnard, California near Kylie headquarters. It is a bit of a drive there but I enjoy the drive as it allows me to escape from reality even it's just for forty minutes.

I look back at Maya who is sleeping in the back and I let out a small sigh. As much as I love my two year old, I am not looking forward to picking her up since the little girl is heavy. I usually have Michael or my brothers carry her out of the car but I've come to the offices alone. 

Maya was hyperactive before we left so I was surprised to see her crash after ten minutes of driving. Atleast I brought my small handbag out today. 

I pop my phone and keys in my bag ahead of getting out of the car. I make my way over to Maya's side of the car and I get to work on unbuckling her. Once I have her in my arms, I bend down to grab her toy which fell down and I start heading to the lift.

"This is my gym workout for the week." I say to myself as I press the button to the third floor. My main offices start from the third up to the fifth floor. The ground floor is the warehouse, the first is the studio and the second is the filming floor.

"Good morning Ms Lopez." My security guard greets me and I respond back with a greeting of my own. I quickly greet my staff before heading into my office then the ensuite which I had turned into Maya's playroom/bedroom.

I set her down on the bed and adjust her before heading back into my office. 

With Maya asleep, I am able to successfully read over contracts that have been approved by my lawyer

With Maya asleep, I am able to successfully read over contracts that have been approved by my lawyer. I'm never one to get in a bad deal because I always have my lawyers look into the contracts and break it down for me.

I've just signed off a papers for my new LuxeGlass designs which is pretty exciting but I am hoping to start collaborating with people.

I note down any people that I want to collaborate with for Luxe-Dia Cosmetics and Nia Phoenix is at the top of my list along with Elle. My thing with Elle is that she previously worked for Kylie Cosmetics and Fenty Beauty which she willingly gave up .

As I'm finishing up a business call, my husband walks through the door. I barely glance up at him as I take down the remaining notes before ending the call.

I look up to see him carrying his son, Adonis.

"You can take him into the playroom, Maya is sleeping right now." I quietly tell him and he nods his head as he makes his way into the playroom. He walks out a few minutes later and walks right over to me.

"Hey." He presses his lips against mine.

" He presses his lips against mine

"Hey Mike." I peck his lips once more. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to meet with my lawyers to sort out my baby mama drama and decided to stop by." He lets out sigh. "She wants to take my son."

"Well she can't." I reassure him as I lead him over to the sofa. "How was the meeting though?"

"Stressful, they had to ask Adonis a lot of questions." Michael shakes his head. "She's been reaching out to her lawyers telling them that I am unfit to be a dad. She brought up the time that I abused you." 

I pause for a moment at the mention of the abuse that I suffered under the hands of Michael. I try not to think about that time because it was one of the worst moments of my life. One that I have never truly gotten over but Michael is a different man now.

I no longer fear him. 

"Could she use that to build a case against you?" I quietly ask as I stare down at my ground.

"I don't know." He shrugs as he leans back on the sofa. He pulls me into his arms and I sigh as I rest my head against his chest, "We have finally gotten Adonis adjusted to a new life and now she wants to take that from him."

"She will never win." I squeeze his waist. "If you need a witness then I will step up."

"You shouldn't have to." Michael kisses the top of my head. "This shouldn't even be happening now."

"Unfortunately that's life." I clear my throat. "If you don't end the chapter and you move on, you are always going to come back. That's what it was like between us, when we ended our relationship. We never talked through the actual problem and that's why we couldn't stay away from eachother. I moved on, got engaged to another man but I'm married to you now."

"Have we moved on though?" He sits up to look into my eyes and I understand what he is asking me.

"We have." I kiss his jaw. "We are so much better than we were before."

"I love you so much." Michael cups my face and I smile as I wipe away a stray tear from his face. 

"I love you Michael."