Chapter 3

"How are you dealing since the divorce?" I ask my mom since it's not been something that either of my parents have spoken about

"How are you dealing since the divorce?" I ask my mom since it's not been something that either of my parents have spoken about.  They finalised their divorce maybe six or seven months ago but they have not spoken on the topic of their divorce. All I know is that it wasn't a nice divorce and they really went at eachother.

"I'm good." My mom answers with a shrug. "We have been divorced for a while now so I don't really feel anything about it."

"Would you ever consider getting back together with Diddy?"

My mom shakes her head and I feel a wave of sadness pass through me, "What's done is done. There were a lot of hurtful words exchanged between us and I would never be able to see Diddy the same again."

"Were you really going to pull the plug on me?" From what I heard, it hadn't even been two weeks before my mom decided that she was going to pull the plug. This is why my father chose to divorce my mother but it hurts me to know that my mom wasn't willing to wait.

My mom looks at me for a moment so I give her a blank look so she can't read anything on my face.

"I was." She tries to place her hand over mine but I slide my hand away. I would like to believe that I was ready to hear those words but I really wasn't. "Just let me explain before you walk away."

"I'm not walking away." I give her a fake smile. "I'm just annoyed that nobody has wanted to talk about any of this when it's been so long, I want my answers."

"I did what I thought would be best for you. You fell into a coma which is your body's way of shutting down but it didn't really shut down." She sighs. "You was gaining all of these infections and your survival rate had went from sixty to eighteen percent chance of survival. I was informed that you were suffering and you could still feel the pain and that hurt me. As your mother, I never want you to feel pain because I know how hard your life has been. If I could have switched places with you then I would have in a heartbeat."

"I know." I give her hand a reassuring squeeze as the tears fall from her eyes.

"Everybody was so mad at me but I didn't care because I had a chance to put you out of your misery. For the first time in a very long time, I was presented with the opportunity to stop the hurt." She begins to cry and I wrap my arms around her. "I never wanted you dead, I just wanted you to stop hurting. You ar--"

"I know." I give her a small smile. "I hated you."

Her face falls at my words.

"I really hated you for making that choice for me but I understand that you did it for me." I caress her face. "There is no need to feel broken by this, I understand now."

---

Michael and I laugh as someone cracks a joke about some stupid Hollywood shit. We stay wrapped up in eachothers arms as more people make jokes on whatever the subject is about. Now that I'm an actress, I've been invited to the same type of events that Michael attends.

"You guys are just the most beautiful couple tonight." Reese Witherspoon comments as she looks over at us.

"Thank you so much." I smile at her.

Reese is the type of woman that I aspire to be in my professional career. She is not only beautiful but she is the sweetest person out there and she is not problematic. She knows how to mind her business and make her money.

We speak with the group for a few more minutes before drifting towards the bar where I order a bottle of water while Michael gets Whiskey

"Are you having a good time?" Michael asks me as we wait on his drink.

"I am." I peck his lips. "Thank you for persuading me to come tonight even though they tell the worst jokes."

"That's Hollywood for you." He presses a delicate kiss to my lips. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

I pretend to think about it before shaking my head, "Nah."

"Well you are the most beautiful woman to enter my life." He grabs a hold of my left hand and kisses it. "I see you have a ring. I hope you don't mind me asking but are you married?"

"Hmmm..." I playfully roll my eyes. "It is quite rude to ask but yes, I am married to a pretty amazing man."

"Pretty amazing?" He loosely wraps his right arm around my waist. "I think we'll have to change that."

"Sir, your drink." The bartender interrupts with an amused look on his face. 

"Thank you kind sir." Michael continues the act and take a big sip of the whiskey before shaking his body. "That was pretty strong."

The bartender slides Michael a glass of water which he quickly downs.

"I would love to stay to chat but I have a lady to woo." Michael tips his head at the bartender before dragging me to the middle of the dancefloor and dipping me which makes me giggle.

"Michael." I laugh as he begin to mimics Gomez from The Addams family. Eyes soon fall on us as we begin to slow dance to John Legend who is performing his biggest hit, All of Me.

I lightly rest my shoulder on my husbands and he gives my waist a light squeeze. I pull back slightly to meet his kiss and for that short moment, it felt like I was in a disney movie.

I pray that moments like these will last for a lifetime.