【 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮. 】

Droplets pattered onto the sidewalk, pooling into puddles that passerby's stepped through without a second thought

Your own steps briskly carried you down the sidewalk toward the residences of the rich families while an old, beat-up umbrella was the only thing keeping you dry. They would most likely have some good stuff left over in their trash.

As you neared the most rich households of the area, you heard a sniffling over the rain, but it was quiet. Quiet, yet... worrying.

You looked around and spotted a child with hair that was half-crimson, half-white. They were soaking wet in the rain.

You approached the child, slowing your pace. They noticed you and looked up, inching away.

The boy had a bandage over his left eye, and his shown silver eye was filled to the brim with fear. You could barely see it through the rain, but tears were rolling down his cheeks, leaving red marks.

You stopped in front of him while he pressed up against the wall, moving your umbrella to shield him from the rain.

You were getting wet now, the old, ragged clothes wrapped around your back sticking to your skin. Your bare feet stung against the freezing pavement, scraped and bruised.

You held out your bruised hand, showing your teeth in a smile.

"You'll catch a cold like this."

The boy shrank further. You blinked and then sat down beside him. He didn't shrink away, since if he did he would be in the rain again.

"I won't hurt you." Your bright grin flashed again, letting him notice your missing front tooth.

"Why are you crying?"

He buried his face in his arms again silently, sniffling.

"It's alright if you don't tell me." you inched away a little bit, giving him his space while still shielding his small form from the raindrops. "I'm Y/N, almost five years old."

The boy turned his head to look at you, yet you didn't notice. A few moments later, he responded in a little voice.

"Sh-Shoto.."

"Shoto?" You tilted your head. "That's a nice name."

You played with the ragged sleeve that was barely attached to your once-baby-blue shirt.

"You know, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll come here every day." You offered, handing him your umbrella. He reluctantly took it.

"You should get going, you'll catch a cold if you stay out here." You watched him shakily stand up, and you stood up with him.

His silver eye, red and puffy, stared back at you with a mix of emotions.

"Th-Thank you.." He muttered, bowing.

"Anytime, Shoto. I'll always be here for you.. alright?"

"Why are you.. h-helping me? You don't even know me.." He shifted his eyes to look at the ground.

"I don't like to see people suffer. Besides.. you looked like you needed a friend."

He rubbed his hand against his nose, then turned.

"Thank you.." He said before walking away. You stood in the rain, grinning lightly while his small form went further and further away.