【 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙙 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚. 】

I hope you brought some toothpaste because this turned out so sweet and fluffy omg-

In the days before the training camp, Oshima had become another part of the friend group, even if he's in Class C.

But now, the morning of the training camp had arrived. I board the bus and sit at the back, Shoto sitting down beside me. We wouldn't be seeing Oshima for a week or so.

I look out the window and start humming, my legs swaying lightly while I play with a lock of my hair.

The words to the song start playing in my head while I hum, and it's almost like I'm actually listening to the song.

I'm not even sure how, maybe because he's heard it before, but Shoto quietly starts singing along with my humming.

Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you... I need you here to stay. I broke all my bones that day I found you crying at the lake...

I continue humming and he keeps on, meeting my eyes with a gentle smile.

Guess there is something, and there is nothing, there is nothing in between. And in my eyes, there is a tiny dancer watching over me, he's singing
"She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a boy."
He's singing, "She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a line without a hook"

He finishes the song quietly in perfect sync with me, voice soothing and low.

I pick the next song and start to hum it. Shoto doesn't seem to know this one, as I planned. Instead, I play the lyrics over in my head.

Cotton Candy Skies, why can't you be mine? Always on my mind, I'm running out of time.. Skies aren't always blue when I think of you, tryin' to make it through I caught you like the flu..

Shoto furrows his brows in seeming frustration that he can't sing along with me this time and I decide to go easy on him with the next one. I pick a song to hum, specifically picked so he would know it.

How can you miss someone you've never met? 'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet.. But can you find me soon because I'm in my head? Yeah I need you now but I don't know you yet...

Soon enough I join in and for the next 30 minutes or so we're both just vibing and quietly singing/humming.

We go through a whole list of songs. Hidden In The Sand, Burning Pile, I Hear a Symphony, and so on.

But once I start singing Cloud 9, Shoto only hums along instead of singing.

But when he loves me I feel like I'm floating, when he calls me pretty I feel like somebody. Even when we fade eventually to nothing, you will always be my favorite form of loving...

I keep singing and as I do so, Shoto slowly turns to me. I do my best to ignore the sudden warmth around me and once I finish, the half-and-half boy reaches for my hair and tucks it behind my ear, his soft eyes gazing into mine.

He comes a little bit closer, but whatever he was planning, he decides against it. Instead, he rubs his thumb across my cheek.

"You're so beautiful..."

Next chapter hits Monday, May 17!

A/N: omg i was ASCENDING writing this

also i hope you all like those songs i picked its a brief summary of my music taste :)