【 𝙎𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙮. 】

"Studying sucks

"Studying sucks." I stare at my notebook and Deku turns his green gaze toward me.

"Shouldn't you be used to studying by now? You are in high school already."

I tap my finger on my chin and sigh. "I guess I should, but I've never studied in my life until now and I've been fine. And I was still number 13 on the midterms so I probably don't have to worry."

"But don't you have a C in English right now?" Tsu's words hit me like an arrow to my back.

"That... isn't the point~! I say jovially, setting my hand to my chest.

"Of course it is, Y/N! Your grades should come before anything else!" Ida karate chops the air in my direction, and I huff out a sigh. I turn my gaze back to my notebook and see that a little rabbit has been doodled in the corner of the right page. I turn to Shoto and he's looking at his own notebook, writing notes.

I start writing notes in my own book as well while the rest of the group begins to discuss the material that they're having trouble with.

Do I really want good grades? Will getting good grades have any purpose? What if it doesn't have any purpose and I'm just doing this to pass time? What if my life doesn't have any purpose if I don't study?

"Y/N, I can hear you having an existential crisis from over here. Are you okay?" Uraraka asks mid-conversation, making all eyes turn to me. I flinch and sweatdrop.

"Whaaat? No, I'm not having an existential crisis over studying, only idiots do that."

A book is smacked to my head. "Ow, what the--?"

"Hollow head." Bakugo sneers as he walks by and I growl. "Wanna say that to my face, you--"

Todoroki covers my mouth. "You probably shouldn't curse in here, even if Mr. Aizawa is sleeping."

I fold my arms in a pout. "Fine, but I'm kicking his ass when I get home."

"Fine by me. He's your brother after all." Shoto flips a page in his notebook quietly and continues writing notes. The rest of the group is oddly silent and I look up at them.

"What?" I tilt my head and raise an eyebrow.

"Nothing!" Deku smiles with a sweat bead on his brow. "ᵂᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵏᶦⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ᵗʰᶦʳᵈ ʷʰᵉᵉˡᶦⁿᵍ..."

"I can't tell what you just said." I smile awkwardly and Deku waves his hands.

"Don't mind it!"

The bell rings for the end of school and I spring up. Study hall is over and I can go. I grab my bag and put everything away, slipping it on.

"Hey, Y/N! You're still coming, right?" Mina walks over, practically bouncing in place.

"Obviously I am, who else is going to fold your asses at Mario Kart?"

"You actually think you can beat me? Try me." Jiro smirks while she slings her bag over her shoulder. Shoto looks like he's about to say something but he stops because Tsu speaks.

"I'm coming, too. Kero."

"Me too!" Uraraka raises her hands.

Momo and Hagakure declare that they're coming, too. Todoroki has the most confused, yet deadpan expression on his face right now and I can't help but giggle.

"What?" He simply says and I go over to him.

"All of the girls are having a hangout at Mina's place to play games and stuff, so I won't be able to walk home today. Sorry."

"No, it's fine. I was just making sure of the situation." Todoroki puts his hands in his blazer pockets and I go over to the girls after he finishes.

"Bye." He says simply and I wave in return.

"See you, Shoto!"

Then all of the girls of 1-A leave the room.

Next Chapter hits Wednesday, April 21!