【 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙩𝙝. 】

You sat against the wall, tapping your hands on the ground while your toes wiggled

You sat against the wall, tapping your hands on the ground while your toes wiggled. Snow crunched under your numb hands, and you sighed.

You heard footsteps, and you smiled when you saw your half-and-half friend coming toward you.

"Shoto! Hey!" You waved.

The boy looked up from the ground and smiled slightly while he waved. He was wearing a scarf and a coat, coupled with boots. He saw your outfit, and his heterochromatic eyes gave off worry at once.

You were wearing a dark red T-shirt that had a rip in the lower half, which you had found in a garbage bin behind a house. It was pretty clean, so you thought you had scored. Under that, you wore a black pair of shorts that reached to your knees. You had gotten the shorts at a yard sale of a kind old woman who had given them to you for free.

Then there were the black socks that you had gotten from a donation box outside of a house. They were pretty much intact, but they were soaking wet from the snow. Your arms were completely bare, and you felt like there were needles stabbing you all over your body.

Shoto stopped in front of you, then held out his hand. You took it and he helped you up.

"I... brought you this." He revealed a bag that he was carrying behind his back and handed it to you.

"Wait, you brought something for me?"

"I-I noticed that you didn't have proper clothes, so..."

You looked in the back and you saw an assortment of textiles.

A super warm-looking black sweater, a f/c jacket with a fluffy interior, a pair of black sweatpants, black boots, dry black socks, a stocking cap, black gloves and white earmuffs.

You stared at Shoto in amazement.

"It's the least I can do for how much you've helped me..." He muttered.

"Thank you!" You grinned, hugging him. He didn't know what to do, but he just wrapped his arms around you until you pulled back.

"S-Sorry, I was just really excited." You smiled, pulling the black sweater out of the bag. Shoto grabbed the bag while you slipped on the sweater over your T-shirt.

"I'll be right back." You slip into an alley connected nearby and change into the warm clothes. Coming back,  you already felt warm. You hugged yourself, sighing in relief.

"Thank you so much, Shoto.." You bowed.

"I-It's only right for me to repay you.." He responded.

It had been three months since you had met Shoto, and he had come to talk to you almost every day. Turned out, he was only two months older than you. He had turned five last week, and you would follow suit soon.

"Hey, wanna see something cool?" You asked, e/c eyes spilling over with excitement.

"Um.. sure."

"Come on!" You grabbed his hand and led him out of the alley, through a garden and toward the park.