15

"Are you okay?" Renjun asks as he throws a ball of neon green coloured sticky ball against his ceiling, waiting for it to fall down again. He had seen it on TikTok and couldn't resist the temptation of buying it. Him and Jaemin have been hanging out for about fifteen minutes now but the younger barely said a thing, normally the pink haired boy would talk his head off.

When he didn't get any response, Renjun stood up on his bed and peeled the ball off his ceiling with ease. He rolled the ball between the palms of his hands before throwing it on the back of Jaemin's head with great force, who knew his tiny arms could hold that much power.

"What the fuck-" Jaemin's hand went to the back of his head to pull the ball off, but when he did, he felt the hair grabbing onto it, not wanting to let go of the silicone.

"Oh no." Jaemin turned his head and looked at Renjun with wide eyes. Renjun brushed his worried expression off and took the matter in his own hands. He slapped Jaemin's hand away and took the object he threw to the ceiling previously in his hand.

He gently pulled on it but it had strands of the pink hair sticking to it.

"Oh no." Renjun mumbled, not intending to mimic Jaemin's words, it just came out of his mouth.

"Oh no no no no no." Renjun's 6-year old sister came to her big brother's room to ask for a charger for their Ipad. Needless to say, she spent most of her time that day on a specific app. She was about to open her mouth again, but when she saw Renjun and Jaemin panic, she made a 180 and decided to ask her dad instead.

Yeeun walked out of Renjun's room and stood on her tippy toes when she had to close the door. When the innocent soul left the room, Jaemin finally let out the chain of curse words he wanted to throw at his friend for ruining his hair.

"Huang fucking Renjun, you fucking dipshit, why would you do that! You're so fucking stupid, do you know how much time and money goes into this?!" Jaemin yelled, judging from his face, clearly pissed. Renjun just tried to keep his laughter in at Jaemin's red face.

"Sorry... I guess. You deserve it for putting me aside for Jeno," Renjun shrugged, he made Jaemin sit down in front of his bed so Renjun could comfortably lay down on his stomach as he tried to keep as much hair on Jaemin's head as he could while peeling the ball off his head.

"What do you mean?" Jaemin asked, not quite understanding what he meant.

"You spent all your time playing matchmaker for the two lovebirds," Renjun let out. Jaemin came to the realization that Renjun was right, they weren't hanging out as much because of Jeno.

"You're right, I took it way too seriously and forgot about you. But my efforts weren't in vain since they're now together," Jaemin said. He was right after all, Jeno and Minyeon were indeed together now.

"Why do you not look that happy about it?" Renjun said as he stared at Jaemin's half ass smile that looked extremely fake.

"I don't really know, maybe because I actually liked Jeno," Jaemin admitted.

"You what?!" Renjun asked with wide eyes, he grabbed Jaemin's shoulders and turned his head to the other. Jaemin knew he did, it was obvious, but hearing it out loud made him anxious. His heart was beating fast and he felt revealed, out of his comfort zone.

"Hanging out with Jeno, hanging out! Oh my god no. I'm not gay. I thought you knew that, I literally dated Ryujin," Jaemin said out of panic, but just mentioning her name made him want to puke.

"Thank god because if you liked him it would've created a whole mess, it would be a love triangle, wait no it would be a quadrangle if you count Donghyuck in." Renjun said with a sigh and he was right. No one could know about Jaemin's feelings.