21

"Jaem, I called the therapist for you, you have an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 4." Minyeon announced when she entered her brother's room. She sat down on his bed while Jaemin was still seated on the chair behind his desk. He looked up and saw his sister's gentle face.

It was a few days after the kiss with Jeno and ever since, Jaemin kept having panic attacks. It had been a while since he kissed anyone at all and Jeno kissing him unlocked many memories and images which he and his therapist tried to delete from his brain since he was seven.

"Thanks," He was about to turn back to his homework, but soon decided against it. She deserves to know what happened. "Yeon? I wanted to tell you what happened which made the memories come back."

Him saying he was ready to share his experience with her, made his hands shake and his heartbeat speed up. "Are you sure? You don't have to feel pressured to do so. You can wait until you go to the therapist and tell me after."

Jaemin shook his head. "I want to tell you now." The boy stood up from his seat and sat his butt down next to Minyeon on his bed. He fiddled with his fingers. Jaemin let out a deep sigh before he opened his mouth, ready to confess everything to his twin.

"So, you remember that night Jeno and you went out to a club? And you went upstairs and Jeno was left with me?" Minyeon nodded, she grabbed his hand to calm him down and encourage him to continue.

"Well-" Jaemin cut himself off. "Please, I don't want you to get mad, it was an accident. He wasn't in his right mind and I was so shocked I couldn't do anything. It felt like that night again, I just froze when-"

"Did he touch you?" Minyeon cut straight to the point as she ran her thumb over Jaemin's hand.

Jaemin kept silent. "Jaem, did he touch you like, like she did?" She tried her best to keep her voice as soft and gentle as possible, but anyone could sense her distress about her thought of Jeno doing something to Jaemin without consent.

"No." His answer was short but clear. "He didn't do that."

"Then what did he do?" Jaemin's eyes glided over his room, avoiding her eyes.

"We... we-" Jaemin bit back a sob. "We-"

A ringing phone interrupted Jaemin's confession, Minyeon let go of her brother's hand and walked to the desk where he left his phone. The screen showed a picture of Renjun kissing Dami's cheek. She didn't exactly know who of the two was calling Jaemin since she didn't even bother reading the name above it.

She accepted the call. "He'll call you back." And just as quick as she picked up the phone, she put it down the table. Walking back over to Jaemin, she put a hand on his shoulder. He was quick to shake it off and jump up from his bed, now being eye to eye to his sister.

"We kissed." Jaemin said, to his surprise, it came out much more easily than he would have thought in the first place. Now that he got it off his chest, he felt lighter, he felt relieved.

"What?" Minyeon couldn't believe her ears. Her boyfriend and brother, kissed?

"I swear Minyeon, I'm so so sorry." Tears were about to spill, his hands were shaking and cold sweat ran over his back. After letting the information sink in, the girl didn't feel as angry as she thought she would be. Instead, she didn't feel any anger at all.

"It's okay." She eventually told him, this made his ears perk up. He lifted his gaze and met her eyes. The corners of her mouth were tugged up the slightest bit. "Don't worry Jaem. It's okay."

Minyeon stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her sibling. "I didn't know how to tell you this since you wanted us to be together so badly, but I came to realize something." Minyeon shut up for a second before continuing. "I feel like he hasn't been himself lately, in fact, I don't even know his real self. Over the past few months, he changed. He isn't the nerdy boy he used to be."