17

"Don't you think it's crazy how close we got over the past couple of months?" Jisung asked when he got inside his room where Chenle laid on his bed, face up, like a starfish right out of the sea.

Chenle turned to his belly and propped himself up on his elbows, now he saw Jisung standing in the doorway with mugs with hot tea in his hands. Chenle nodded, agreeing with Jisung's statement before sitting up and taking one of the mugs from Jisung's hand. "Yeah," Chenle chuckled. "It's weird to think a few months back we didn't even know the other existed."

He took a pause from talking to blow on the mug, hoping the drink would cool soon, but before Chenle could open his mouth again, Jisung already did. "And now we basically live together." The youngest of them joked.

Chenle almost choked on the tea he just took a sip of, but he didn't know if it was because he was flustered by Jisung's comment, or because of the high temperature the drink still had. "What do you mean?" Chenle asked after successfully hiding his cough.

"Oh come on," Jisung scoffed, not believing it went right over Chenle's head. "The only thing you do at your house is eat and sleep, I think my mom would even be willing to take you in."

-

It all started the moment Chenle entered the venue Jisung's dance competition took place. He knew the other was quite good at it, but he didn't think the first competition he would attend would be the... the...

To be honest, Chenle didn't exactly know the name of it but it was equivalent to the international championships of basketball.

When he first entered the venue, he noticed it was the same place the national championships would take place, the competition Chenle and his basketball team would head to in a few months.

Instead of the basketball court he was used to seeing, a giant stage was built in the middle.

Many seats were already filled and now Chenle had to find his own in this maze. Him being the unlucky one, his seat was one on the rows farthest from the stage, making the dancers look like ants, that's how massive the stadium was.

Chenle just placed his butt on the plastic chair, when the lights turned off. Now hearing a voice through the speakers which were littered all over the place, the spotlights turned on one by one, lighting the stage up more and more.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the biggest, most awaited dance competition in the entire world. The dancers who will be competing today have worked their butts off to present you their routines which have been choreographed and cleaned to perfection..."

After the MC was done welcoming those on the bleachers, he introduced the first act of tonight. Chenle was lucky enough to get his hands on one of the last papers showing the programme for the night.

Knowing which group Jisung was in, he knew he had to wait quite a while before finally being able to see him dance on stage, nonetheless he enjoyed every performance.

-

"And now, the last performance of tonight, the current world champions are finally ready to show us the routine you have been waiting for. Make some noise for Korea's one and only, NCT!" Chenle stood up from his seat and screamed his lungs out while clapping loudly.

In the dark, he saw little specks of black enter the stage, even though he could only make out the silhouette of the different dancers, he tried to spot Jisung nonetheless, he ran his eyes over every little black dot, starting from the line in the very back. That was clearly a mistake, because when the spotlights turned on again and his eyes were adjusted to the brightness again, he saw Jisung in the centre of the crew.