24

It had been a while since Jaemin and Jeno last talked to each other. The last time being them yelling and accusing the other.

Classes together had been awkward, every time they had to work together, they would barely talk to each other until they reached home and talked through short texts.

It drove Jeno completely crazy.

"What is going on with you?" Jeno's mother asked as she put her utensils down the table, she intertwined her finger together and put her chin on top of them. Her eyes were soft while her voice was stern.

Jeno looked up from his plate where he kept pushing his food from side to side for the past ten minutes. "What do you mean?"

"You don't eat well lately, your sleep schedule is messed up and your grades are falling. Are you not over this Minyeon girl yet?" His mom named reason after reason as to why she thought something was bothering the boy.

Jeno shook his head, disagreeing with his mother's statement, he was over Minyeon.

His parents however, interpreted it the wrong way. They shared a look before his father started talking.

"Jeno, we understand you're upset now that you've broken up with your girlfriend but I think that you should share that with us too." The man started. "We know you value your privacy and we respect that, but breaking up with someone is not nothing."

Jeno understood what he told him, he was right of course, but his break up wasn't what he was upset about. "I'm fine with that honestly." He answered, his dad's face softened.

"Jen, you don't have to act like everything's okay. It's perfectly fine for you to show emotions. If you're sad, that's fine. Don't bottle your feelings up inside that muscular body of yours." Instead of feeling comfort from his dad's words, he felt more worked up.

"I told you I'm not upset about Minyeon and I breaking up." Jeno's voice got louder.

His mother spoke up. "Then what is it you're angry about?"

The boy kept quiet for a while, he looked down at his hand which he hurt almost a week ago. There were still little bits of skin which weren't completely healed yet. "You know when my hand was bleeding a while back?" His parents remained silent. "I had a fight."

Holding back her gasp so she didn't make her son nervous, the woman let out a controlled sigh. "With who? Did you punch anyone?"

Jeno chuckled at the memory of how he got his knuckles bruised and bloody. "A brickwall." Knowing he had to explain further, he opened his mouth again. "Me and a friend had a fight, verbally. I got worked up and I-"

It was only then it hit Jeno that he tried to hurt Jaemin that day. Never in his mind did it pop up that he would've hurt his friend if it weren't for the younger dodging his fist. "I tried to hurt him, he ducked away and my hand hit the bricks behind him."

"Don't worry too much about it," His dad started, he and his wife knew how much the father would get himself into problems and fights when he was still a teenager back in the day.

"Fights between friends happen. You're in puberty and your hormones are all over the place. I don't think I need to remind you of all the fights I used to get in when I was younger."

Jeno lightly chuckled, when he was a little boy he would always ask what his father was like when he was younger. It intrigued him.

Parents would normally read their children a bedtime story before they let them drift off to sleep, but Jeno got entertained with one of his dad's memories of high school or college.