Epilogue

A few months later

"Hand me those, Mina. I'll carry them for you." Jaemin saw his brand new stepmother struggle with the bags full of groceries. He already opened the door for her but when he saw her have difficulty lifting them out of the car, he slipped on his flip flops and ran outside to help her.

"Thank you Jaemin, but I can handle it." Mina refused to give the boy the bags and persisted stubbornly. When she turned her head, she saw the younger was only wearing a shirt and shorts, while it was raining cats and dogs outside. She was wearing a raincoat but the rain was still too much for her, let alone for the boy dressed as if it was summer. "Go inside. You'll catch a cold."

"Yeah, you too. Come on." Jaemin took a few plastic bags in his own hands and started walking to the house. Mina didn't wait long and walked after him, not forgetting to lock the car.

"Mina? Dear? The move company called, they will be here in a few minutes." Their father came running from the kitchen with flour all over his clothes and face. He was baking pastries with his daughter and her boyfriend but it soon turned into a food war.

The woman brushed the flour off her man's face and dusted off his clothes and apron. "How long do we have?" She had barely finished her sentence when a honk was heard outside. She opened the front door and saw the truck of the move company. The driver rolled his window down and leaned out of it. "Park Mina?"

"That's me!" She ran outside to talk to the employees who would help her with the move in. Soon she came in again and asked everyone if they could help her bring the boxes inside.

She also told them to dress warmly, even though the sky got clearer and the rain lessened.

One by one, each member of the family carried the cardboard boxes inside and set them in the hallway.

After about fifteen minutes, Jaemin noticed two of them missing, he looked from left to right and eventually saw Donghyuck and Minyeon playing in the drizzle.

They jumped from puddle to puddle, letting the water splash up against the other and getting their shoes dirty.

Minyeon however, slipped and fell forward, if it wasn't for Donghyuck breaking her fall, she would have had a bloody face now. The couple laughed loudly at the female's fall before standing up again.

In no time, the employees drove off and left the family to deal with the boxes. Deciding to let Minyeon and Donghyuck get sick in the rain, Jaemin, his father and stepmother got inside again.

They sorted out which boxes contained which kind of objects and moved them to the room where they belonged. "Jaemin, could you bring this box to your father's bedroom please?" The boy nodded, he picked up the box and was about to walk up the stairs. Before that, he turned back to his dad's girlfriend.

"You know, it's your bedroom now too." With that Jaemin walked away, a box in his hands filled with photographs and other things she wanted to take with her but didn't really serve a purpose.

They weren't worthless enough to throw away but also not worth enough to deserve a nice spot in the house.

His dad came from the basement where he had put two boxes and sat down next to his girlfriend on the bottom few steps of the stairs. "I have a feeling he likes you." He commented, knowing how timid and scared his son could act whenever his dad dated someone he didn't have a good feeling about.

Mina sighed and dropped her shoulders from their tense position. "I hope so." They heard some footsteps coming from upstairs.

"Jaem, you don't have to help us if you don't want to. Go see you're friends." His father told him, but Jaemin shook his head.