22

"Hey Jen." Minyeon held her phone between her head and her shoulder, she was currently mixing the batter for the pancakes she promised her brother for breakfast. "Could we meet up today? We need to talk."

Instant anxiety crept up Jeno's body when that phrase entered his ears. He grabbed a pen from his desk and started fiddling with it. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I just think we need to talk." Minyeon knew she should have just said she missed him or something, but then she would be lying. Now that she was denying something was wrong, she only dug a deeper grave for herself.

"Meet you at your house in two hours? I still need to make crepes for Jaem." She giggled a bit as to why she was doomed to make breakfast for her little brother. She had accidentally mistaken salt for sugar when she and Jaemin were making cookies the day before. Let's just say it wasn't a great success.

"Works for me. See you then." Minyeon had barely ended her call with her boyfriend when Jaemin's phone already began ringing, he sat at the table in the kitchen waiting for Minyeon to bring a big stack of pancakes to the table. When he saw who was calling him, he migrated to the living room.

"Hey Jeno, what's up?" Jaemin asked, he placed himself on the couch in such a way he hung upside down, his hair almost brushing the carpet.

"Jaemin, Minyeon just called me." Jaemin creased his brows but laughed nonetheless.

"Yeah, I know. We live in the same household, you know?" Jeno groaned in frustration.

"You don't get it, she said she wanted to talk to me." Thinking back to all the drama's and romcoms he has watched so far, everytime the main character wanted to talk with their love interest, it would always end up in a breakup.

"Well..." Jaemin didn't really know how to respond. On the one hand, he could feel the stress Jeno was experiencing through the phone and he felt sad for him, but on the other hand, he couldn't suppress a smile breaking through at the thought of his sister and Jeno breaking up. "Uh..."

"Send help!" Jeno screamed into the phone causing Jaemin to pull the device a few inches away from his ear.

"What do you want me to do?" Jaemin asked. "It's not like I can hide in your closet to emotionally support you." He joked, even laughing while thinking about how weird that would be.

"Actually-"

"Jaem, breakfast is ready, come fill your belly!" Minyeon yelled from the kitchen, that phrase was something they learned from their mother. They usually won't say that, only when they would eat someone's favourite meal. In this case, pancakes were their mother's favourite.

"Gotta go Jen, pancakes are waiting for me." Without waiting for an answer from Jeno, Jaemin already hung up the call and sprinted over to the kitchen. An amazing aroma hung in the air. He saw Minyeon walk from the kitchen island to the table. Jaemin approached her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You're the best, Minyeon." The girl's heart melted at Jaemin's gesture, she put the stack on the table before ruffling her brother's hair.

"Thanks, Minnie." She laughed to herself as she purposely used the pet name their mother gave them, she gave them the same nickname whereas their father would call them by their unique syllable. "Now eat up."

Their father wasn't present since he was going on a date with a woman he met on Tinder a while back, they were out for breakfast this morning.

"Do you think dad found the one?" Minyeon asked, neglecting her utensils and rolling the crepe up with her hands after she put a generous layer of nutella and blueberry jam on it.