28

"Mom, dad?" Jeno put his mug of hot chocolate on the table in front of him. He folded his legs and put his hands together. He and his mother had talked about his date with Jaemin and how he felt. They decided he had to tell his father before she accidentally would. "I need to tell you something."

His mother looked at him with hope in her eyes. She had her fingers wrapped around a cup of hot tea. His father looked at him, waiting for him to continue. As both of his parents looked his way, he started to feel nervous.

"Well...?" His father questioned after a few seconds of silence. He looked at his son but Jeno was still thinking about which words to use.

"I think I'm in love with someone." He confessed, his mother smiled at him proudly before taking a sip from her tea, trying to avoid her smile from getting bigger. His father however, kept his stern face.

"Not with that Minyeon girl again, right?" He asked, he heard from loads of his friends how hard a break up could be and how awful it felt if they would still feel attached to their ex.

Luckily for him, he found his wife early in his life and never split with her.

Jeno shook his head profusely. "No, no. It's someone else."

"Then who is the lucky girl?" His dad put his coffee on the table and folded his hands together. Jeno's eyes widened as he took a look at his mother who still had that encouraging expression on her features.

"Actually, it's a boy."

There, he said it.

His mother reacted supportively and he didn't doubt his father's reaction would be the same. They had always been so open and supportive of gay couples and gay marrige, they even went to a protest once to fight for human rights. In addition, they even-

"Oh."

Jeno's eyes lifted from his hands to his father's face. There was practically no emotion on it. It made Jeno nervous, what if he didn't accept him being gay? How will he tell Jaemin this?

His mother, who had been happy and excited for him, now had a disappointed look on her face too. How could her husband react like this when his son basically came out to him?

"Yeah, so..." Jeno tried to ease the air in the living room. He repositioned himself on the couch but soon stood up. "I'll be back before dinner." He didn't exactly clarify where he was going but none of his parents objected to him going out.

After Jeno closed the door, his father opened his mouth while lifting his head. "So, he's gay?"

"He is." She didn't know why he was so pressed about it, being openly gay is getting accepted more and more nowadays, maybe it hits different now that his son confessed he likes boys.

"Damn."

-

"I felt like I needed to tell you guys something." Minyeon began when she finally gathered her closest friends in the living room of her house.

Renjun, Dami and Jaemin were all squished together on the couch while she stood in front of them, as if she was a mother giving her children a lecture about not playing with balls inside the house.

"So, me and Donghyuck went on a date." Dami started clapping like a seal, she smiled brightly while slapping Renjun's shoulder, keeping in a squeal. "And, we're together now." Minyeon continued.

Renjun huffed. "Haven't you guys fucked already?" Jaemin grimaced while he thought back to that one night he wasn't able to fall asleep due to some mysterious sounds coming from Minyeon's room. He had to cover his head with two pillows before he was able to catch some sleep.