16

"Jaemin, I'm sorry." Jeno said the second he came walking through the door of the classroom. But the other didn't pay any attention to him. "You were right, I shouldn't have done that." Jeno sat down on his usual seat next to Jaemin, placing his arms on the table and turning to the other.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have indeed." Jaemin agreed bitterly, still angry. Not saying anything more, Jeno fiddled with his fingers since he wasn't sure if he should try to keep the conversation up or not. He awkwardly stole glances at Jaemin before looking at the board again.

In the end, Jeno just sighed, already being sick of the thick atmosphere surrounding them.

"Can we hang out today? Like we used to?" Jeno proposed, hoping he could make it up to his friend.The suggestion made Jaemin smile in his mind but he made sure not to show anything, ever since Jeno and Minyeon got together, they would rarely hang out. Of course he got to see him in school and at home when he and Minyeon would hang out. But still, it was different.

"Jaem, I'm really sorry." Jeno apologized again, the sincerity locked in his eyes. After not receiving an answer once again, Jeno thought he might have to go at it the other way.

"My mom made blueberry muffins." Jeno sang while wiggling his eyebrows, hoping he could persuade this way.

Don't give in Jaemin, you can make them yourself, your own blueberry muffins are the best. Don't give in-

"Okay." Jaemin eventually replied, his mouth acting like it had a mind of its own, in the end he knew he couldn't resist those puppy eyes of the other anyway.

"Cool, meet me at my house after school." Jeno said with a smile.

"Will do." Jaemin replied before pulling the textbook out of his bag and flipped through the pages.

-

"Mom, this is Jaemin." Jeno introduces his friend who stood behind him, not knowing if he should stay silent or shake her hand and introduce him. Deciding on the first, he kept hidden behind Jeno even though they were pretty much the same height.

Jeno's mother pushed her son away from her sight and held her hand out for Jaemin to shake, and Jaemin being the introvert he is, he was hesitant about introducing himself since Jeno already did. He just stayed silent while shaking her hand politely, combining it with a little bow.

Noticing how nervous the boy was, Jeno's mom, Hana, decided to take the floor. "It's nice to finally meet you Jaemin, Jeno told us a lot about you, only positive things of course."

Jaemin didn't know how to react, he felt incredibly awkward, so instead of using words, he just smiled and nodded his head. "He's Minyeon's brother." Jeno tried, easing the air just a little. That, until the mother brought up a bit of a sensitive topic.

"Oh so that's how you met each other! Through Minyeon-"

"Actually I knew Jaemin way before I knew Minyeon," Jeno explained before grabbing Jaemin's wrist and pulling him up the stairs. "We'll be upstairs."

Arriving in Jeno's room, which was now a little different since he had moved his bed to the opposite side of his room, Jaemin immediately sat his bum down on the beanbag on the corner.

"Not gonna lie, I kinda missed this place." Jaemin said as he eyed the pictures on the wall and on his desk. Some were of him when he was younger, others with Jaemin himself. What he noticed was that there were none with him and Minyeon. Maybe they just didn't have that many pictures together.

Jeno set up his playstation and gave Jaemin one of the controllers. "Call of Duty?"

"Call of Duty." Jaemin agreed with a nod, holding his hand out, waiting for Jeno to place a controller in it. "I'm gonna kick your ass."