18

"Hey bitch." Jaemin waved at the screen of his phone where Dami's forehead was being shown through a FaceTime call.

Grabbing a cookie from the plate in front of her, Dami lowered her phone and showed her face to her friend. "What do you want, dickhead?" She asked, wiping away the crumbs around her mouth.

Jaemin brushed off the insult Dami threw at him as he was the one to offend her in the first place. "Meet me at the mall in 5. I wanna get chicken nuggets but no one wants to be my sidekick today."

Dami huffed. "And I want to?"

"Yes." Jaemin deadpanned. "Don't be late." And with that, Jaemin ended the call. Dami looked at the clothes she was wearing, some leggings and a hoodie. She was contemplating if she should change to a skirt or some other presentable outfit. Soon she decided to wear a shirt which she tucked into her pleated skirt.

Minyeon would call her crazy for changing her outfit when the only thing she would be doing was getting chicken nuggets with her brother, but Dami would always tell herself there was a possibility she would run into a celebrity or a pretty boy so she had to be prepared for every occasion.

The possibility was small but never zero.

Just as she was told, Dami sat on a bench in the mall waiting for Jaemin, exactly five minutes after he called her.

-

"Jaemin, where are we going?" Renjun questioned as to why he had been picked up by Jaemin not even half an hour prior. Not only that, when Jaemin shoved him into his car, Renjun got blinded by a blindfold Jaemin tied behind his head.

"Somewhere." Jaemin had a huge grin on his face, he couldn't wait for his plan to work out the way he planned it.

"You know I hate it when you abduct me, right?" Yeah this wasn't the first time Jaemin suddenly was in front of Renjun's house and took him with him to some place.

"Yeah, I know." Jaemin said without any sort of regret of compassion in his voice.

"Then why don't you just text me when you want to hang out?!" Renjun yelled, his voice getting louder with every word.

"That's no fun. Anyway, we're here." It was finally time for Renjun's eyes to burn, Jaemin pulled the fabric from Renjun's head, recreating the way Renjun thought heaven would look like.

A bright white light which could scorch your entire soul within half a second.

After Renjun's eyes got used to the sun after being blindfolded for more than fifteen minutes, the boy took in his surroundings. "Why couldn't you just tell me we went to the mall?"

"It would take away the excitement." Jaemin said with a bright voice.

"You're a psychopath." Renjun scoffed playfully before opening the car door and getting out. Him and Jaemin walked to the mall together, already talking about what food they should get.

But when Renjun saw a certain someone sitting on a bench near the entrance, Renjun took a 180 and walked back to Jaemin's car in a straight line. Luckily for Jaemin, he was able to catch Renjun's wrist and pull him back to his side. "And this was exactly why you were blindfolded."

At first Renjun couldn't even produce words due to the frustration and fear that rushed through his entire body the moment he saw Dami, effortlessly pretty, scrolling through her phone. After a string of noises which made no sense, Renjun finally got a few words over his lips. "Why is she here?"

"I asked her to come here."

"You what?!" Renjun looked over at the girl again, but now she had noticed them being there too. She waved at Jaemin, who waved back, before offering Renjun a shy smile, which he tried to mirror, but instead of a sweet one, he showed her an awkward grin.