27. The Duel

Roman's face paled as his eyes darted from the steel whip to my face.

The referee looked highly amused with my weapon and started, "The rules are simple; either get the opponent to accept their defeat or disarm them off all their weapons and force them on their knees for 10 seconds." He explained and I nodded, "Any questions?"

"Excuse me is that even allowed?" Roman asked incredulously as he stared at the whips in my hand.

I rolled my eyes at his stupid question. Even though whips were rarely used, they were still considered as a weapon. 

"Yes, it is." The referee replied, "Good luck, cause you're going to need it."

"Then, are you two ready?" The referee asked.

The sun shone brightly above us as Roman gulped but nodded and then stepped forward.

"Shake hands" the referee instructed and we did so.

"Did you really have to do me this dirty?" Roman whispered and I smirked.

"Try not to lose a body part while we're on the battlefield."

Roman glared at me for a second before letting go of my hand and stepping back, taking his defensive stance.

I steadily held my whips and took an attacking stance.

"One...two..." the referee started counting.

I locked eyes with Roman for a split second and expressed my will to win against him as his conveyed the same passion for victory, though they displayed slight nervousness as well.

"Three! Start!"

I rose my right hand and slashed my whip to where Roman was standing, aiming at his leg where he had attached his dagger.

If I have to disarm him completely, I need to get that dagger away from him.

Roman jumped off the spot and dashed towards me but diverted when I slashed my second whip in his direction.

And this is exactly why whips are awesome. 

You would always have to be dodgy and careful when fighting against a whip, your entire focus must be on protecting yourself instead of attacking which gives your opponent more chances to win. 

Whips are also extremely useful when you have to disarm someone. It's like a monkey's tail, just wrap it around the sword and whoosh!

Roman once again tried to attack me but I slashed the whip in his direction, which he diverted using his sword.

A few more slashes and his sword will be a broken piece of metal.

I designed this whip myself and was custom made by one of the experienced bladesmiths. And I've trained with this for more than 4 years. I know which angle and how much strength is required to cut through a sword.

The crowd went crazy when I slashed on Roman's sword so hard that he stumbled back and the scabbard attached to his leg fell down on the field.

He made an attempt to get it but I slashed the land between him and the dagger as a clear warning not to get it.

He glared at me and I smirked proudly. 

One weapon down, one more to go.

Roman then charged at me with his sword in front of him.

I prepared to slash at him again but he twisted his sword to such an angle that the sun's reflection on his sword directly hit my eyes, making me close them for a second and step back.