13. The Cool and Cute Duo

"George. No."

"Why?"

"Just...don't wear them please!!" Fred whined and clutched onto my hand so tightly that I believe it'll go numb the next second.

"Just tell me why you don't want me to wear heels?" I asked him. And he shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously, chewing on his bottom lip.

Today is our first day going to the academy.

Well, technically, it's Fred's first day. Mine was like two decades ago.

After returning from Roman's birthday party, I nagged Fred a lot about what sort of secret conversation he was having with Roman but he refused to tell me a single thing.

Later that week, Mum and dad had decided it was time for us to finally start going to the Royal Academy.

In my past life, we were supposed to start going to the academy as soon as we turned six.

However, I was intoxicated with a very different type of poison which had me down for a week with a fever. Fred wouldn't go without me. And then the date for us to join the academy got delayed and delayed because I kept on getting random dizzy spells and headaches (which wasn't even a big deal) until I finally convinced mum and dad against delaying it anymore. Eva and Ezra were also supposed to join the Academy with us and they were waiting down, inside the carriage right now while Fred's freaking out because I'm wearing heels.

"Because....because...." Fred scrunched his nose cutely, trying to come up with a reason, "Because if you get face to face with the bad people like Voldemort you won't be able to run fast because of heels!!" He exclaimed, looking proud of himself to come up with such lame excuse, "That's why! Now remove them and wear something flat, George."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms (well, tried to), looking down at him, "And why would I run from bad people when I can just beat the shit out of them?" I responded.

"Because that's what you are supposed to do, you dumb bimbo!" Fred almost shouted, "And what better would heels even do if you want to beat them? You'll just trip and break your nose."

"Nope. Heels are extremely useful when it comes to beating people." I told him. The current Fred has no idea how many balls I've cracked with heels.

Heels not only make you look tall and intimidating but is also an amazing weapon against perverts and annoying humans in general.

Heels are awesome.

"But! But! You can't beat someone like Voldemort with your heels!" Fred exclaimed making me snort, "So you think you can outrun him? Fred, the guy will Avada kedavra your ass before you even turn around."

"But I can try." He said making me roll my eyes.

"So can I." I scoffed, "I can beat that Vallmart or whatever with my heels if I encounter him, okay? Now let's head to the carriage and go to the academy already."

"NO!" Fred whined not letting go of my numb hand.

"Fred," I deadpanned, "If you don't want me to wear heels, then tell me the real reason. Not some fake Vallmart shit."

Fred paused and looked up to me before his eyes teared up.

Okay what

His fists started trembling and I started to panic.

Was it that wrong of a question?

"Because..." He whispered, "You....." He took a deep breath, "you're taller than me."