10. If Not Her...Then Who?

"I....I travelled back in time."

There was a moment of silence before two voices shrieked simultaneously, "WHAT?!"

Mum looked at me as if I grew a second head while dad hastily got up from his desk.

"Wait, are you serious?", dad asked while mum yelled, "Which fucker messed with your soul now?!"

"I'm serious and.....Nobody exactly messed with my soul." I replied but they still looked quite shocked.

"Then why did you travel back in time?" Dad asked as he sat on the couch beside me.

"Because I died in my previous life and....actually, I was murdered." I responded as their shocked expression turned to dread.

"By who?" Mum asked.

"By Eva. She poisoned my tea."

Mum frowned before realisation dawned on her while dad looked thoughtful.

"That's why you reacted like that just now." Mum muttered, "Makes sense."

"And that's why you wanted to get poison training so desperately." Dad concluded, making me nod, "Did you not get poison training in your past life?"

"No." I told him, "Only Fred was trained. Mum was against us learning arts in poison but you somehow convinced her to train Fred, at least."

In my past life, I didn't realise Fred was getting poison training till we turned eleven and had coughed up blood in front of me. I thought he was going to die and had cried so hard that Fred revealed it in the end that he was getting poison trained.

I was furious at him for hiding this from me. I told him that we could've trained and suffered together but he just told me that he didn't want me to go through with that kind of pain. Both, him and mum tried to protect me from that hardship which would have made me stronger in the end.

And that left me with a weakness which led to my death.

"I...I'm sorry." Mum croaked out, "If it weren't for my foolish assumptions, you...would've lived."

I clasped her hand and squeezed it, "This life is better mum." I told her honestly, "I don't want to go back to the way it was. I was alone there. But now I have all of you."

Dad frowned, "What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath, knowing I had to say it now.

"You all died."

Mum froze and so did dad.

"Mum was the first one to leave." I muttered, making dad's eyes widen, "Then Aunt June died, trying to resurrect mum. Then dad followed after a week. All of the deaths were because of natural causes." I took a shaky breath in, "And then.... F-Fred was murdered three months later."

The room was dead silent.

"H-How?" Mum asked as her bottom lip quivered.

"Perukans sent an assassin to kill Fred. And my prediction is that either Eva or Ezra, helped them enter the palace." I replied seriously.

The room was silent again. None of them looked like they were going to speak again so I continued, "After I died by being poisoned, A-Juicy, your reaper friend, sent me back in time to save Fred and myself. So currently, I'm trying to figure the real culprit who ordered Fred's assassin and eliminate him or her as soon as possible."

Mum and Dad nodded but didn't say anything and I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry. I'll save you all this time. At least......" I looked at mum, "I'll try to save all of you. So don't look so down."