5. A Birthday with Everyone

"George, letz go inside mumz librawy."

I lifted my head up from the book I was reading to look at Fred, his big black eyes with a pinch of red shining brightly.

"No." I replied, making him whine.

"Pweaaase!"

Ugh...why does he have to be so cute?!

"Fred, you were also there when mum told us that the library was off-limits. " I said curtly, making Fred pout again.

"But George, what if shez secretly hiding cakes there?!" Fred asked as his eyes dazed slightly when he mentioned cakes.

Oh trust me Fred....there are a lot of things hidden there and cakes are definitely not one of them.

It had been almost three years since I came back in time and right now, Fred's asking me to invade mum's library together.

Fred may not look like it but he does have a playful side to him which he completely disregarded after he grew up.

I remember sneaking into mum's library was our goal for the year once we learnt alphabets. We were very curious as to what she reads that had her looking somewhere between happy and constipated.

Even dad was curious and once tried to sneak in her library but got caught by Aunt June. After mum heard the news, she threatened to divorce him if he tried it again which made dad give up on his sneaking plans instantly.

However, Fred and I followed his footsteps and finally invaded the library at the age of four. We randomly read any book but we didn't understand it. Fred gave up halfway through it and went to do something more productive than reading such a weird book.

And when I look back at it, I'm glad he didn't finish it.

In my previous life, Fred didn't learn to read or even speak properly till he was three and a half. However, since I started reading and speaking early, he didn't take much time to follow behind me, making our parents think we were geniuses.

"Pwweaasee George I wanna make sure there are no cakes there. I also want to read what mum reads!" He exclaimed making me mentally sigh.

Fred...don't...you'll be traumatized for life...unlike me.

I had only read a few books from mum's library and I can confidently say that she has one hell of an amazing taste in books.

"Fred, no. If you want cakes, I can just get them for you from the kitchen." I told him which made him smile widely.

"Yesssss! Chocolate cake pweease. And also cinnamoom sticks!" Fred exclaimed, making me smile at him. I had missed this kiddy personality of his when he grew up and started acting mature and all.

"Okay. Let's go then." I said and climbed down from mum and dad's bed.

As soon as my feet touched the ground, Fred clasped his hand onto mine and we both made our way towards the kitchen on the ground floor, receiving discreet gazes and squeals from the maids in the hallway.

After we found the kitchen, the chefs instantly gave Fred three muffins and five cinnamon sticks and we left for the training grounds.

Fred had very generously let me have a small bite of his cinnamon stick and smacked me not so softly when I tried to take another bite.

After reaching the training grounds I found Brother Bill sword duelling with young brother Percy.

But even though brother Percy was just 5 years old, he managed to defeat brother Bill who was two years his senior.