45. Wrong Soul

"Do I really have to come with you all?" Uncle Mari grumbled, "In a guard's costume at that?"

"Yes." Brother Percy answered and went quiet.

"This is a part of the plan and we need you for protection purposes." I told him.

Uncle Mari, Percy and I were travelling in a carriage to reach Ian's 'parent's' house.

Roman and I had discussed everything yesterday, from our feelings to Ian's motives to our plan to counterattack his.

And we were going to get through with the plan today.

The plan to ruin Ian and reveal his accomplices.

"Brother, did the soldiers reach the location yet?" I asked him as he shook his head.

"Wait, let me confirm it." He said and reached for his earring, the crystal communicator. He was using it to communicate with Roman, who was leading a troop of 20 guards near a safe location, just beside Ian's supporter's house.

I had to have a backup in case Ian attacked me after realising I know his motives. Plus, they need to snoop around the house for collecting proof against Ian.

My plan was to take brother Percy and Uncle Mari with me inside the house and meet Ian's supporters. After the soldiers break into their house and gather enough proof to legally sue them. I would then, very dramatically, reveal to Ian that I know about his plan.

If he got scared and started spewing the names of his accomplices, then great, my job was done. But if he chose the complicated method by trying to kill me instead, Uncle Mari can block his magic while Percy would single-handedly take him down and together they would teleport him to prison.

From there onwards, it would only be me, Ian and my dear steel whips along with knives.

My original plan did not involve Roman in any sort of way but the guy was pretty adamant on wanting to stab Ian at least once that I had to make him the head soldier of the group so he could tag along.

"He says they're almost there." Percy answered and I nodded, "Uncle, hand me that crystal headdress."

It would be pretty suspicious if Percy and I both were wearing a crystal communicator, so I made Uncle Mari and some goldsmith design it as a headdress at the last minute.

Uncle handed the headdress to me silently and I wore it, adjusting the big obsidian crystal that matched with my white and black column dress, near my ear so I would be able to hear whatever Roman was speaking.

"Roman, can you hear me?" I tested the crystal to see if it was working.

"I can, darling." He whispered, and I could imagine him smirking, "Your voice sounds as sensual as ever."

"Ha, of course." I laughed, "But don't forget who was the sensual one yesterday morning," I teased him, "Your moans and grunts are still ringing in the back of my head."

I could basically hear Roman blushing as Uncle Mari groaned, "I did not need to hear that!" He sighed, "Great, now I carry another mental scar for life."

Brother Percy just looked at me with a blank expression like usual and asked, "So, are you two a couple now?"

I nodded with a grin, "Yeah, just like you and Duchess Sylvia."

Brother Percy rolled his eyes but did not say anything to oppose it, meaning, they were actually a couple!

"Not to be a mood breaker or anything," Uncle Mari started, "But how are you and Roman going to work out together? Like, he's already the emperor and you are the crown princess who needs to marry an Obelian."