47. The Attack

Third Person's POV

Percy walked through the dark streets of Amarasia, the coastal town of Obelia, searching for an appropriate inn to book.

He had his cloak on to avoid anybody seeing the clothes of a royal guard he wore. He had his hood on as well, to avoid any sort of attention the females would give him.

He had always found the ladys' attention quite annoying and overbearing. His eardrums were tough due to the loud screeching noise they made every time they saw him, as if he was a Prince, though his looks were as good as one. He always tried to avoid getting their attention.

But then he met that lady who he wished would give him all her attention.

Sylvia D'Ambrisio, one of the duchesses of Peruka.

Her beauty was outglowing and so was her smile.

Percy had never seen a smile beautiful than hers.

And he always wondered, why a charming lady like her, was interested in someone who wouldn't even bother to smile.

Though Percy was not complaining.

They even have a date planned out after this mission was over.

He'd be taking her to the armoury, which he oh so loved.

Every type of weapon there was tried and tested by him. Even used in the field with Georgina.

He loved that place and hopefully, so would Sylvia.

His lips almost twitched around the corner, his nervous system forcing the muscles there to move at the reminder of his relationship with Sylvia. Percy had a hard time restraining his smile.

Percy entered the lobby of a rather decent looking inn. He made his way to the receptionist and asked, "Are there 13 rooms available?"

The receptionist rose her brows at the man asking for so many rooms but nodded, nobody asked for that many rooms in this season, "Yes, how many days would you like to stay?"

"Tonight."

"Then it would be 15 golds and 21 bronze."

Percy nodded and handed the receptionist the required money before taking the keys.

While the receptionist booked the room to his name, Percy briefly saw Mari's name written on the page.

Uncle's staying here too? Great, now we can leave together in the morning.

He then went back to a dark alley and made a low whistle.

A soldier came in and Percy handed him a bunch of keys, "A room for two soldiers."

The soldier nodded and went to give every pair hidden in the alley a key.

The three other rooms would be for him, George and that molester.

Though Roman and Georgina were a couple now, Percy did not fully trust him near his sister. Hence, booked separate rooms for the two.

He would guard George's door for the night if he had to.

The couple had gone to the beach and he wondered when they would return. He knew how panicked Georgina must be, and the amount of time she would spend overthinking about the situation was enough to give him a headache.

He walked back to the main street and away from the inn, ready to go fetch his sister and the molester.

As he crossed another dark alley, his nose was hit with a faint smell of something burning.