7. His Empress

"Roman Apollo D'Angelo"

Ughhhh....I hate this bastard so much...

I think my blood pressure just shot up by looking at his arrogant face.

I've only ever met this Snake thrice, and all the three times he did nothing but humiliate me and my empire.

The first time being this birthday party, where I tried to be nice to him (because of mum) and greeted him.

However, the rude brat just straight away ignored me.

I remember almost smacking him upside the head if it was not for mum (who was beside me) to stop me on time.

I've hated him ever since then but that hate only grew when he ascended Peruka's throne.

He broke off the peace treaty his parents signed with Obelia and set out on expanding his empire through wars, leaving his newly wed empress to manage the entire empire.

What really pissed me off though, was the fact that he won every single one of them with minimum casualties.

Though it's a bit sad to say, he actually was a great emperor, but for his people only.

He broke off ties with almost all the empires and had wars with a lot of small kingdoms. He wanted to make his empire great on its own, without any external help, which was good for him but bad for us.

My parents had spent a lot of time on that stupid treaty he broke and it pissed me off to no end when he did that.

His cold blue eyes met mine and I glared at them, anger and hatred shining in them.

He maintained the eye contact, as if waiting for me to avert them first, which I was not going to do.

He had intimidating eyes for a six-year-old but they don't affect an (mentally) adult person like me.

The glaring contest soon turned heated where I was clearly shooting daggers at him with my eyes and he just glared at me with the same energy and a hint of amusement in his eyes.

He was the first one to break it after the guards again announced, "Now enters, his holiness, the high Priest of Peruka."

From the doors entered a man wearing an ivory gown with dipped neckline crossed with brown lace. It had a golden pattern of stars and moons. It had the same coloured veil with a patter of the sun on top and rimmed with metallic lace and stars. The man also wore a layered silver neck choker and had a silver headdress that covered his eyes with blue rhinestones embedded on it.

He walked down the stairs and it seemed as if he was shining. Whispers broke out as everyone seemed to be enthralled with him but my mind revolved around a single question.

How the hell can he walk down a flight of stairs with his eyes covered without tripping?!

After a few wondering, I concluded that it must be some holy superpowers..or something like that.

Roman bowed his head to the man and so did every other Perukan.

Perukans were religious people, especially the nobles. There were so many shrines on my way here, each with a distinct tomb. The only similarity I found was a statue of a lady at the entrance with a big blue ball in her hands.