19. Best Friend

Fred's POV

"George, will you stop sighing every other second?" I snapped when I heard her sigh again.

"I can't help it. The sigh releases itself when I think about what's going to happen today." She said with a sigh and rested her head against her palm, gazing sadly out of the window of the carriage.

Unlike her, I was excited.

Suuuuuuuuuppppper excited.

Because today's the day Roman will be joining George and I in our class for the new semester.

It's been more than three months since I saw him, the last time being the poison laboratory.

Even though we did exchange letters for the last three months, I missed fooling with my best friend other than Ezra.

Ezra was my first best friend and even though we got along well, it felt like he was more like my personal butler than a friend. He tried so hard to get along with me even though we already do, that gradually, it started to feel weird.

Meanwhile, with Roman, it's completely different. We started on the wrong footing. He had accepted that the only reason he approached me was because of George. He blackmailed me into feeding him information about her life and what was she like. However, I was smart and started using my amazing communication skills while writing letters and slowly, we became friends.

We somehow understood each other in a way. We were both princes of two significant empires and probably the future emperors as well. So it was easy to make friends with him.

Actually, it is easy for me to make friends with everyone, if they do not consider my face that is.

Even though I hate to admit it, but I look prettier than most girls in my classroom. So, as mum puts it, it's pretty obvious for boys to fall for my looks.

So most of my 'friends' turned molesters in a week and only stopped being weird after George crushed one of their pe- uh- genitals and broke the other's wrist.

So now, no boys want to be friends with me, though that doesn't stop them from staring at me till I get uncomfortable.

I tried to make female friends but I end up having a crush on them and then it just gets awkward.

The only friends I have are Ezra and Roman.

He still asks for information about George's likes and dislikes but I don't give it to him unless he gifts me a special pastry or edible item from his empire. Though in most of the letters we exchanged, it's about our own lives and not George's.

"We are here, your highness'" said the footman and I jumped off my seat in excitement.

"Wow," George muttered, looking amused, "I've only seen you this excited when going to the dining room for food."

I chuckled, "Well, I love food so I can't really help that."

George rose a brow.

"Does that mean you love Roman?"

I choked on air.

"Wh-what?!" I wheezed as George patted my back, "Fred, how can you choke on air?"

"Sh-shut up!" I breathed and then scowled at her harshly, "What do you mean by that? Why would you think that!? Roman's a friend! FRIEND!"

"Okay, chill." She said and tapped my shoulder as we both got down the carriage, "It's just how you react makes me think that. I mean, I'm never that excited to see my friends."