8. I'll Protect You

Georgina's POV

"Mum, Dad, I want to start poison training."

As soon as those words left my mouth, mum choked on her tea, dad's fork froze inches away from his mouth and Fred just continued to munch on his croissant gleefully, though he did throw a curious look in my direction.

"What did you just say?" Mum croaked out after having a coughing fit.

You heard me......then why are you asking again?.....did she go temporarily deaf or something?

I just hate it when people make me repeat something even though they heard me the first time. And even if they didn't, it's there fault, not mine.

I mentally sighed and repeated, "I want to get poison training."

"Why?!" Mum asked in dread and shock.

I raised an eyebrow at the weird question thrown at me.

Because I don't want to die when some bitch decides to poison my food in the future. Duh.

"What do you mean 'why', Choi!" Dad exclaimed, giving mum a look that screamed,'unbelievable' before turning to look at me with a smile, "It's okay George. Ignore your mother. We'll start your poison training with Fred next week."

"What do you mean 'Ignore your mother?' I'm talking some sensible shi-","-Is poison yummy?" Fred cut mum off as he licked his fingers clean, making me cringe.

Mum sighed and replied, "No it's not! It's actually not edible at all."

Fred frowned, "Then why are you poison training me with George?"

"Because it's necessary, Fred. If someone decides to kill you in the future, you'll be saf-", "-that won't happen." Mum cut dad off, "This is a novel world. You are the protagonist and he is your son, so shit like that won't happen to -","-Mum, cut it out." I snapped.

She looked a bit startled as I clenched my fists underneath the table.

"This is not a novel world anymore. Stop treating it like one." I said firmly, staring at her emeralds.

If this was a novel world like she says it is, then none of us would have died before the time turned back.

"Stop stating assumption like they're facts."

Mum looked surprised before she lowered her eyes, sadly mumbling, "....I just don't want you two to go through unnecessary pain....especially the type of pain that could be avoided."

I sighed and replied, "Mum, I'm sorry for snapping at you like that but.....this is reality. Anyone could turn against us anytime. We can all die anytime if we are not careful enough."

Mum just nodded but didn't say anything after that and the atmosphere became thick with awkward.

"Can I have another croissant?" Fred was the one to break the silence and before anyone could respond, he just picked one up and ate it anyway.

Mum chuckled and Dad smiled before saying, "So it's decided then. I'll appoint a trainer to teach you about poisons and we'll start with the classes next week."

I nodded just when someone knocked onto the door.

The door opened when dad muttered a 'come in' and Aunt June's head popped in.

"Sorry to disturb you all but the archduke's daughter sent her majesty a letter." She said and the pink coloured letter darted towards mum at a high speed, making her shriek in the process, "Oh and your majesty," She added as she looked at mum, "please quickly finish your breakfast. You have a lot on your schedule today."