30. Leniter

I got out of my bedroom with my hood up and dress covered with a dark cloak.

I tip toed my way to a secret passage built by my forefathers to get out of the palace unnoticed. 

After a ten minute long walk, I saw the opening and made it out of the passage and into the forest behind the palace.

After another ten minutes of worth walk, I saw a white carriage with a too-tall-for-a-14-year-old figure leaning against it.

"Roman," I called and his head snapped to me with a smile which dimmed just as soon as it came.

"You either did not read my letter properly or decided to ignore it." Roman said blankly, "Probably the latter." he sighed before scowling darkly, "I clearly mentioned alone. I even wrote it in capitals!" He hissed and glared at brother Percy who was walking behind me.

"Just more of a reason why I decided to ignore it." I answered blankly, "Do you seriously think I'll follow you alone to your Empire without any protection?"

"Yes!" Roman answered as if it was obvious, "The place where we are supposed to go, is a great secret not known to anyone and should stay that way. Taking you there is a huge risk itself, I'm not going to let another Obelian near it."

"I trust Brother." I said blankly, "He won't say a word."

"But I don't." He replied with a prominent glare on Percy who returned it with equal hatred.

I had decided to tell Brother since going to the land of enemies, alone, was something a fool would do. Even if I thought of Roman as a friend, his empire was still in cross with ours.

"If your secret leaks out, then I'll take the responsibility." I declared, "If brother Percy speaks of your secret to anyone other than you and me. I'll do what you want in my abilities. Whether it's marrying you or whatever. "

Roman's eyes widened at that before he grinned like a maniac.

"Now I seriously hope Glitters spills the beans." He said and looked at brother, "You don't seem to be phased by her promise, though?" He asked noticing Percy's carefree expression.

"That's not a promise, just gibberish." He replied blankly, "I won't betray her, she knows it too, and that's why she made such a nonsense statement."

Roman scowled, "It's not nonsense. She's starting to like me." He responded confidently before smirking slyly, "If it weren't that, she wouldn't have done that with me. Right Gina?"

I rolled my eyes. He's making it sound like we had sex or something.

"Done what?" Percy asked with a confused frown.

"Nothing, he's just making a big deal out of nothing." I replied coldly, "And what I did was supposed to be a friendly gesture but you obviously took it the wrong way." I sighed at Roman's sad expression and softened the cold tone a bit, "You'll only ever be a friend to me. Nothing more."

Roman had a sad expression on his face before he glared daggers at a smirking Percy.

"Are we leaving for Peruka or not?" I snapped and Roman stopped glaring before giving me a swift nod to follow him inside his carriage. 

I hopped inside the carriage which Sir Leonard drove, sitting myself on the seat with my brother on my side, who received a glare from Roman when he sat down beside me.

"Roman," I started after the carriage began moving, "why did you decide to show it to me now?" I asked him. I was curious as to why he would want to show me the poison after I lost the bet.