Overprotective!Lynn X Kind!Reader

This is a bit late but I hope you enjoy!

Lynn silently stared at the guy trying to make moves on Y/n.

The club was loud and kind of dark. But he could still see the asshole subtly inching closer to his best friend little by little. By no means did he think that y/n wouldn't be able to protect themself...

That didn't mean he wasn't gonna gonna step in the instant Y/n got uncomfortable. Right now his best friend was laughing at something the bartender had said, blissfully unaware of the creep inching closer like the worm he was...

It was one of the few nights where Y/N actually got to let loose and enjoy themself without having to worry about someone burning the house down... And Lynn was damn sure he was gonna preserve their happy and carefree mood no matter what.

He sipped his soda, he was the designated driver, and continued silently watching as the creep finally made his move and bought Y/n some kind of overly fruity and a strong drink with a crappy pickup line that he was sure only worked on rocks.

He watched as y/n politely declined the fruity drink, grinning as they raised their glass of scotch whisky to show the guy they still had half a drink left "I'm more of a scotch person. Thanks though" they said politely, much kinder than Lynn would've been. The creep shrugged and muttered something about buying Y/n a new drink and taking them for a dance...

Lynn watched Y/n like a hawk as they subtly tensed.

The first sign.

At this point Y/n's tipsy mind comprehended how close this guy was... Yet they gave him a kind smile "Sorry sir, I don't like dancing and I prefer staying with my friend" Y/n explained motioning to Lynn.... He didn't look near as friendly as Y/n was acting...

The creep looked over and smirked at him "Don't worry. He can join too. Pretty thing like that deserves some loving"

Y/n tensed more. Reaching down to where they usually wore their pocket knife... Not fully there yet, but Lynn knew and understood. He stood up at his rather... Unimposing height... And glared at the creep.

"We aren't interested. Now scram" he said firmly and calmly. His voice like ice that made even Y/n shiver.

The guy leered at him and snorted "What you gonna do? Glitter me to death?" he scoffed. Before Y/N or the bartender could comprehend, Lynn lashed out and violently sucker punched the creep.

The bartender flinched and hissed "oh that's gonna hurt tomorrow..." he muttered watching as the creep stumbled and held his jaw. His glassy eyes filling with rage as his brain caught up to his lumbering body "I said. We. Are. Not. Interested" Lynn said calmly and firmly again.

And again... The creep scoffed

"You got lucky, you bitch! You won't get lucky a second time!" he roared drawing more attention to them.

Y/N pressed their lips and got ready to pay their tab and leave... Before things could get ugly... Or worse... Before someone ended up in a morgue...

They knew their best friend... And the look in his hazel eyes... Well... That look meant he was thrilled... Thrilled to get the chance to take out his frustration without holding back... Thrilled about putting an asshole in his place... It was a dangerous look...

A look they'd rather never be on the receiving end of...

The bartender paid no mind to y/n and their tab. Opting to watch one of their favorite clients beat the crap out of someone, he grinned with satisfaction as the creep swung, missed and shrieked when Lynn landed a rather harsh punch to his short rib.

Y/n flinched at the impact too and hissed with sympathy pain before they snapped back to their previous mission.

De-escalation.

With a slight, dizzy tilt to their world they got up and set their hand on Lynn's shoulder "Why don't we leave for the night..." they suggested gently to him, Hoping to calm him down and get him out of here.

He turned his hazel eyes to them and immediately they softened "Fine... But it was his fault!" he whined immediately "He was being creepy" he pouted... Y/n chuckled and nodded as they steered him out, past the creep who was still trying to catch his breath.

"He was being creepy yeah... Thank you for standing up for me" they mumbled as they let the liquor numb their brain again. Happy to know they were safe when they were around Lynn... That they could let loose... It was a relief...

Lynn gently gave their arm a squeeze as it rested over his shoulders "No problem, hun... Let's go home, clean up then head to bed, okay?" he asked gently as he guided them to the car. They hummed brightly "Can I get coffee before the clean up?" they asked with a hopeful pout.

Hs nodded with a soft chuckle and ruffled their hair after helping them into the car "Sure. Whatever you want"

They were kind and caring.... And Lynn was there to make sure they never forgot that... That they never again would need to be cold... Because as long as he was there... They were safe... They were loved... And they were protected..

Hello!
I'm not dead!
Rn I kinda wish I was (pounding headache. Don't worry)
ANYWAY
I hope you enjoyed this one. I have been trying to write it for sooooooooo long but hit a dead end every time...

Until I just deleted everything I had written.
The story was written with the aid of two of my original characters... So if you see a stray Jamie or Jade mentioned... That's why...

For anyone that's curious jade took on Lynn's roll and absolutely slayed while doing it.

But that brings me back to my lil break...

I lost my second job and now I'm lost on what to do.
I have meds that I need to get monthly (for anxiety and insomnia and one for my shitty bladder)

Sooo pretty much any advice on what the hell to do would be awesome right now.

Sincerely.
Grae!

i swear with my posting schedule im becoming a damn cryptid.. wonder if cryptids make any money..... please ignore any and all spelling issues. i wrote this at four in the morning...