Lars X Addams!Reader

For MiscellaneousFan who created the beautiful cover photo and the art up above!

Being normal wasn't your forte.

Your family didn't see you as their type of normal and sent you to live with your aunt in Royal Woods.

The other kids in high school also didn't see you as their type of normal... And okay maybe you did go a little overboard with the black makeup and clothes and pale skin but that's how you were born... You were born loving black, loving darkness...

Your family was strange compared to everyone else's families. None of them tried to kill their siblings like yours did. Your older sis and younger brother always found new ways to try and kill the other...

Your teachers were pretty worried when you let that slip once... You didn't have a lot of friends left after that either.

You were sitting under the tree when you first saw him... He was like you... Dark hair... Pale skin... He was beautiful... You could just see the pretty, bright blue eyes peaking out of his dark fringe...

He looked so used to getting over looked and yet you noticed him every time... Everyday... You drew him in your note pad over and over again... Every poem you wrote was about him... How beautiful he is...

You wanted so badly to talk to him but you were terrified. It was like he was a unattainable vampire and you a common loner...

The day he spoke to a girl was the day your heart broke... She wasn't even like him... Flower pins in her blond hair... Bright colours... She was everything you weren't...

Opening your locker you slipped your books inside. Struggling not to cry... You didn't notice the poem you wrote for him drift from your locker and to the floor...

You didn't notice it was gone until you searched for it the next day... Fear stabbed through your heart like icicles... What if someone else had found it? What if they were sharing it with the whole school...

You'd be even more of a freak. When someone tapped your shoulder you were ready to crack... When you saw it was Lars himself your heart stopped. Your lungs constricted as ever bad thought ran through your mind.

When he opened his mouth to speak you were ready for him to threaten you... To tell you to stay away from him... For him to yell at you...

"You're writing is beautiful..."

Looking up at him you saw he was holding your poem in his hands... You felt your cheeks heating up slowly under his calm gaze...

"You don't think I'm weird?"

Not the best way to start a conversation but who could blame you? You were after all talking to your long time crush...

The very faint smirkish smile that crossed his lips was enough for your mind to go blank and abandon you even more... He shook his head at your question and handed you the poem back before leaning to your ear and whispering in his silky smooth voice

"Meet me in the cemetery at midnight"

Your parents would be proud to hear you're going to a cemetery at midnight but your aunt was a bit less open minded than they were... Unfortunately...

But before you could ponder on how you'd be sneaking out, you nodded. He pulled back and glanced back at you as he started walking away. You slid down the lockers when he vanished from sight. A very light blush coating your cheeks as one person went through your mind and how that one person knew you were absolutely smitten with him...

Later when the stars were out and the moon full you slipped from your bed and left your house, shoes in hand and pepperspray in your pocket (just for incase).

You could see the looming cemetery gates and felt worry seep into your mind again... What if it was prank? What if he stood you up? As you slipped through the a icy gust of wind swept your hair into your face and chilled you to your core...

It was past midnight and you had yet to see him...

You nearly screamed when someone's warm hand slipped over your cheek... Spinning around you came face to chest with Lars himself... His head tilted as he looked at you...

In the daylight he was beautiful... At night bathed only in the glow of the pure moonlight... He was breathtaking...

Your mind barely registered when he spoke to you...

"You came... I thought you would stay home"

All you could do was shake your head... You couldn't find your voice as you got to inhale his scent of old books... The smell of death ironically...

It pulled you in... Intoxicated you... Filled your mind to the point where you barely heard him recite a poem he'd written earlier that day...

A poem about you... How he'd seen you everyday and wished to speak to you... How he'd fallen for the mystery of your soul, the shine of your hair, the curve of your lips when you stared out the window...

"Say something..." he whispered stepping closer slightly...

Tilting your head up you reached to his face and moved his fringe to the side to see those beautiful eyes... Eyes that were watching you with a keen intellect and curiosity...

"Beautiful" you breathed out because that's what he was... Flawlessly imperfect...

If it hadn't been dark you'd have seen the way his cheeks were dusted with a light blush as he set a warm hand on your cheek... His other hand reaching for your hand...

"Your soul matches mine" he whispered leaning closer... The wind swept through the rowes of graves and sent shivers down your spine...

"A soul of darkness in light and light in darkness" you whispered softly. A faint half smile covered his lips as he nodded at your words...

It was silent for a moment. His eyes scanning over your every feature to commit it to memory...

Maybe it was the cold... Or the lack of sleep that made you speak before you thought... That made you ask him out on a proper date after school...

And maybe, just maybe, a chuckle escaped him as he watched you before he nodded "I'll see you at school" he said before leaning to your ear and whispering "And I'd love to go on that date with you" before he disappeared into the dark of night...

Leaving you to calm your racing heart and firy cheeks as a smile worked its way onto your lips...