LarsX Sleepy!Male!Reader

Lars let out a small breath and looked away from the moon to watch his best friend and crush fighting desperately to stay awake beside him.

He didn't blame Reader for being tired... They had had a long, exhausting day. Between babysitting Lars' younger siblings and then working at the fair... A soft smile graced Lars' pale features as he remembered why they were working this hard... The school year would be ending soon and then they'd go away for the summer... Just the two of them...

Lars stood up slowly and quietly before gently cupping his boyfriend's cheek "Come on, darling... Let's go inside" he whispered softly. Reader hummed softly and leaned into his touch looking up at him tiredly.

"Come on..." he said amused and gently pulled him up. Reader followed quietly and leaned against him "We... Don't have to go in" Reader yawned softly. His hair falling into his face slightly as he nuzzled into Lars' neck.

"No its alright... You're tired and we both need sleep" he whispered softly as they snuck into the house quietly. Lars needing to guide his half asleep boyfriend away from any sharp corners.

He managed to get Reader into bed and tucked in when the other boy whined and grabbed his hand "Stay... Please... I want cuddles" he pouted softly at Lars who felt his heart melting at the pure adorableness that was his boyfriend.

Acting like it was a hard task Lars sighed and layed down beside him, the other boy instantly curling and cuddling into Lars softly "So... Cute" Lars whispered softly as he ran his fingers through Reader's hair.

The other boy pouted slightly at him "I'm not cute..." he grumbled softly hiding a yawn and curling into Lars even more "Alright alright... You're not cute... You're beautiful" he said softly amused.

Barely a week passed from there and Reader was silently dozing off against Lars' shoulder while the paler boy silently wrote in his poems book. He paused and looked at his boyfriend who shifted and tried to stay awake.

"Are you tired darling?" he asked amused and gently "No..." Reader lied hiding a yawn in Lars' shoulder, curling more into Lars' stolen hoody. The raven haired man pressed a soft kiss to Reader's temple "Well I am exhausted... Come cuddle with me while I sleep" he whispered gently pulling him up and to his room.

It was around a month later when Lars realized that something might be wrong... Reader slept but he was always exhausted. It didn't matter how much he slept either. He was always dozing off and tired... He managed to convince Reader's parents that it wasn't normal and they took him to the doctor.

Lars was pacing his parents' kitchen holding his phone in one hand and gnawing on his thumb nail with the other. His mother pressed her lips and gently set a hand on his shoulder "Why don't you sit down?" she asked gently.

He looked at her through his bangs "what if it's serious mom? What if..." he took a shaking breath and swallowed thickly not being able to even finished his sentence.

Rita loud sighed softly and looked at him gently "He will be okay... You know how strong Reader is... He's a stubborn young man and he won't let you leave you alone"

Lars wiped his face softly and jumped out if his skin when his phone rang with Reader's mother's name flashing across the screen. He took a deep breath and answered

"Lars honey, Reader developed anemia... Thankfully you caught onto it otherwise it would've been really serious. Thanks to you he's got the correct medication and will get better soon enough... Do you want to come over and see him. I know he'd be happy to see you" she said warmly.

Lars nodded and swallowed thickly "I'll be there soon. Thank you" he whispered softly and hung up. Telling his mother and trying to contain his tears of relief. She wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

"See. I told you. He'll be okay" she said kissing his cheek "Now go. Reader is probably anticipating your arrival" she chuckled softly and pulled back. Lars hugged her one last time being leaving.

Excited to see his sleepy but adorable and soon to be healthy boyfriend and cuddling with him again. Reader was really too sweet for Lars to handle sometimes.... But he'd spend the rest of his life hiding his blush and speeding heart.

As soon as he got there he pressed a soft but sweet kiss to Reader's lips. The more tanned boy smiling and cupping Lars' cheek once the pale boy pulled back gently "Come on... I want cuddles" Reader pouted sweetly and adorably.

Lars sighed softly and layed down beside him on the couch, holding Reader tightly against his chest "I love you, my sleepy darling" he said quietly so he wouldn't wake his already sleeping boyfriend.