Loni X Smart!Reader

Loni wasn't the smartest person to ever walk the earth... He knew that... Unfortunately it didn't help that he was friends with the school's smartest girl.... Or that he was head over heals for her...

She was way smarter than he was and he got reminded of that constantly.... By everyone who knew... His brothers were constantly questioning why they hanging out and some of their mutual friends even went as far as to say that she only pitied him and was being nice because he was so dumb...

"Alright. Talk. What's going on. You've been staring at that one fry for the last twenty minutes. If you keep staring you'll make it burst into flames"

He jumped and looked at Y/N who was staring at him with her beautiful eyes, cold and calculated "I..." he paused and squirmed slightly under his gaze "Loni. You've been acting weird for weeks. You're quiter and less bubbly. You also haven't shown me any new sketches for clothes in a while and I'm starting to worry about you" she said with a small sigh "Talk to me..."

Loni looked down and wrapped his arms around himself as the words of so many people echoed in his eyes. He tried not to sniffle as he took a deep breath "Y/N... Why... Why are you friends with me?" he asked in a whisper.

He felt his eyes stinging with tears as he tried his best to keep himself composed as he waited for her explanation... He heard her book closing "Do you want the truth?" she asked with that calm voice that sent a stab of dread through his very soul as he nodded.

"Well... If we're being honest... Then I have no other choice. Loni Loud, you're a bit of a dunce, you're not always the fastest to catch on and you're a bit of an air head. You're emotional and sometimes a plain wreak..."

He tried his best to stop himself from bursting into tears as he collected his things to leave when she set a hand on his "But. It's rude to leave while someone is speaking" she said calmly.

"But... You're so much more mature and intuitive than anyone gives you credit for. You know just what to say and what to do to make a dark and bitter situation a lot lighter. You're sensitive and sweet... And... You make me feel human... When we hang out... I don't feel like I have to be more mature than I really am... I don't feel pressured to be an adult and... I feel at home... When I'm around you"

Loni no longer fought against his tears as he looked at her. Those usually cold eyes so much softer and gentler... Kind and honest... "You are a beautiful human being Loni... Who upset you enough to as this?" she asked calmly. Her voice containing an edge that he's never heard before.

He looked down and spoke quietly as he gave their names. She nodded calmly and stood up when the bell rang "Come on my dear. We'll be late for class" she said calmly.

The next day Y/N wasn't in class at all and everyone was a lot nicer to Loni than before. When break time hit Loni caught up to Luke who wasn't as mean about the whole situation as Loki could be "Luke, do you know where Y/N is? She isn't in class and I'm worried about her"

Luke looked at him and then around before looking at Loni again, shock and confusion clear on his face "You mean... You haven't heard?" he asked slowly to which Loni shook his head.

Luke nodded slowly "Well... Turns out Y/N isn't as... Forgiving... As you are and threatened everyone that was mean to you..." he trailed slowly "She even punched your friend, Collin, if I'm not wrong... Square in the nose... Good one too. Heard she broke his nose" Luke shrugged "She got suspended for a week"

Loni didn't hear anything else after that since he had taken off running and found a way out of school before heading straight to her house. He stopped and set his hands on his knees to catch his breath before he knocked loudly on the door to her house.

Seconds later she opened up with a bandaged hand and a confused look "Loni? What are you doi-" she gasped in surprise when he tackled her in a hug and held her tightly.

"Hi" she said softly as she held him quietly, hiding her face in his shoulder. "Why did you do that?" he asked taking a shaking breath "Do what? Express to the idiots in our school that you're so much more to me than a dunce?" she asked gently "Or do you mean the fact that I refuse to let them hurt you any more?" she asked gently.

"You got suspended" he whispered softly "Sweetheart... Your mental health is so much more important to me than sitting in a class bored out of my mind" she whispered softly.

Loni took a shaking breath "You're going to make me cry" he sniffled softly "Then you cry if you'd like... Thats one of the reasons why I love you. You're not afraid to show your feelings" she whispered gently running her fingers through his hair.

"You just said you love me" he whispered pulling back in shock "I know... And I know that you feel the same way" she whispered softly as she cupped his cheek "You're special to me loni... Don't you ever forget that."