Lane X Reader X Jealous!Luke

Lane was head over heals for a girl... A girl as amazing as his jokes.... The problem? Well.... She was his brother's best friend... The best friend that Luke had threatened to skin him over if he ever so much as breathed in her direction...

With a heavy sigh Lane stared through the window at where (Reader) and Luke were trying to come up with song lyrics for another song. The sun made her look like a glowing angel... She'd of course argue about that statement but to Lane it was as true as true can be.

He stared down at the love letter in his hand and smiled with a warmth in his heart at the sight of her beautiful handwriting... A love poem she gave him in secret... A love poem Luke would kill him over... But he could care less... (Reader) loved him back and wrote him a poem as beautiful as she was...

When he noticed Luke had vanished from her side he panicked and dove onto his bed, hiding the poem away just in time for a ticked off Luke to step inside "What's going on with you?" he asked blankly.

Lane opened and closed his mouth trying to think up a lie but his brain was mashed potatoes... All he could think about was (Reader) "I know you're staring at her and I'm warning you. She's my best friend and I don't want you screwing up our friendship because of a bad breakup" Luke said firmly.

Lane looked at him hurt "Who said anything about a bad break up? I was enjoying the sun" he managed to get out but he couldn't help the pain in his chest "Lane I don't care. Just stay away from her" Luke snapped before grabbing his guitar and slamming the door behind him as he left.

Silently Lane curled up and burried his face in the pillow. He was in love. He was in love with (Reader) but Luke would hate him... He didn't understand why he was so jealous either... Lane wouldn't hurt her. Heck. He'd treat her like pure gold. He'd treasure her.

He took a shaking breath and made his decision. She'd be his secret. His Juliette... He'd be her Romeo... He just hoped they'd have a happy ending instead of a tragedy...

Lane sat up and grabbed his pen and his book before he started writing her a love letter. Explaining everything and anything on his heart. He let out a small breath as he gently tore the paper out of the book and folded it neatly.

He got up from his bed and moved to her bag and pulled out her favorite hook and slipped it inside silently. With a small smile he put the book back in her bag, leaving the room and going to the kitchen.

Their secret letters went on for months before Luke accidentally found one of (Reader's) letters between Lane's trick toys. Instantly pure anger coursed through him. (Reader) was his. She was his best friend. His band mate...

His first real love after... After Sam...

He crumbled the paper in his hand and stormed out to where Lane was doing his chores. Shoving him against the nearest wall "I told you to stay away from her!" he shouted at him feeling tears burn behind his eyes.

"I begged you to stay away from her!" he pressed a hand over his mouth to keep his breathing under control and hide the broken sob. "She's not your property!" Lane yelled back pushing Luke off of him "She's my best friend!" Luke shouted back throwing the letter at him "She's my best friend..." Luke whispered brokenly.

Lane felt his own anger bubbling in his chest "She's not your property! She can date who she wants!" he snapped picking up his letter. Luke stared at him incredulously "You can never understand" he whispered softly.

Lane stared at him like he was from another planet "what the heck is your problem?" he asked confused "She's your best friend but I love her!" he said stepping back into Luke's personal space.

Luke clenched his jaw and looked at him "Why?" he asked simply "Give me a good reason why you love her" he said softly, giving up on fighting the tears. Lane was at a loss for words "Because she's kind and gentle" he said blankly.

Luke stared at Lane long and hard "She's so much more than that" he barely whispered pulling back "Just... Don't you dare hurt her" he whispered "Because I will be there... And I will make you pay." Luke promised with a deadly serious stare even through the tears.

Lane shuddered and swallowed thickly "She's not yours" he whispered meekly. His voice quiet and his anger gone. Luke silently walked up to his room and wiped his eyes as he grabbed a bag and started packing.

He loved (Reader). He loved her more than anything... But he couldn't watch her love someone else... He wiped his cheeks again and wrote out a quick letter before leaving the house.

Promising to come back soon.

Welp.... It's 2:30 the morning... I should probably go sleep... My brain is turning to mash... Sorry for any mistakes and I hope you enjoyed this short story...
-Author