Lane X Shy Reader

Lane was the type of person that searched for spotlight and then created his own when he found none. He loved talking to new people and making friends. He loved joking and having people laugh at his jokes.

Lane. Loved. The spotlight.

Reader though, she did not. She was Lane's beautiful girlfriend and best friend but she stayed behind the camera, she helped him do his clown makeup or helped him rehearse his jokes.

She hated the spotlight.

Heck she would have panic attacks just thinking about being put on the spot.

Maybe that's what pulled his attention to her the first time...

He was talking to his friends when he noticed her walking by, the way she was trying to blend in yet stand out kind of mistified him.

He couldn't stop thinking about her.

Then he got her name. Y/N Y/L/N. She was beauty and grace all rolled into one shy cinnamon roll of absolute adorableness.

He had never had stage fright but when he thought of talking to her, his chest constricted and he felt paralyzed. For a year it went on like that.

Until he invited her to his birthday.

He had slipped the invite into her locker instead of doing it over the phone like he did with his other friends. He did have her number, make no mistake, that was the first thing he did after finding out who she was.

The boy living in the light fell so hard for the girl who stuck to the shadows, too shy to even answer a question the teacher asked.

At first he thought she wouldn't come but then his mom led her through the backdoor to where the party was held and Lane couldn't help but smile. She looked beautiful as always, all her imperfections making her perfect in his eyes.

He excused himself from his friends before walking to her and taking a deep breath "Hi. I'm Lane and I think you're absolutely beautiful, I wanted to ask you out last year but I chickened and now I'm ranting it all out like I'm a stalker or something and I'm very sorry" he said in one breath.

He squeezed his eyes shut and scrunched up his face, ready for her to tell him off... Instead he heard a soft giggle "Its okay... I think you're kinda cute" she said softly, her voice was a melody he could capture and listen to forever.

He looked at her nervously "Are you sure? I mean I understand if you don't like me like that" he said, stopping himself from ranting again. She smiled at the ground before shaking her head "I'd love to go on a date with you" she said with a soft smile.

Lane's face lit up like a fourth of July firework as he nodded and told her the place and time.

Skip ahead a few years and we see a world famous comedian standing on stage, staring at a sea of faces but only talking to one as he told his jokes. Every pun and every clever quip to someone in the audience was to make her smile and laugh.

He felt himself smile as she laughed into he hands, pride settled in his chest as he thought of her little snorts when she genuinely laughed. With a bow he finished his show before darting off stage and to her, wrapping her in a tight hug and planting a deep soft kiss to her lips.

In twenty years he watched his daughter preform her comedy and magic show in front of a world wide audience, a soft smile on his lips as he looked at his wife with love and admiration.

Her soft smile and shy words never fading, even as they grew older...

They would forever be the boy who loved the spotlight and the girl that lived in the shadows

I fulfilled my promise about posting asap!! Hope you enjoyed the story, I'm busy with another one. As always comment and request! Also vote... Please vote...