Lane X Exchange Student Reader

The loud house was getting another member... A student from the exchange programandsince he now had his own room Lane would be sharing with this person. you"d think hed be exited about this right? well you'd be wrong. horribly wrong.

lane already shared his room with a guy once, yes it was luke, but still. he did not want to share again. to top it all off he had to get this kid from the airport. he was supposed to go out with his girlfriend today. he sighed heavily as he held up the sign higher as he watched the people thin out "If this person doesn't show up soon, I'll-"

the words died in his throat when he saw the most beautiful human being he had ever seen in his life walking towards him. the girl smiled at him softly "Hello, are you Lane Loud?" she asked hopefully. Lane swallowed hard, her voice was so sweet. like music that touched his very soul and put him at ease yet turned him into a blushing, stuttering mess.

he shook his head and cleared his throat, "Yeah, I'm Lane, and you are?" he asked calmly, practically chanting the words "I have a girlfriend' over and over in his head. the goddess infront of him smiled and held out a soft hand "Y/n Y/l. I'm exited to learn more about your school and customs" The more she spoke the more Lane fell under her unintentional spell. he kept his head down and led her back to vanzilla, feeling ashamed of the old van as he opened the door for her.

"Wow. this van is so cool!" she gasped as she took in the old van. lane looked at her strangely. what did she think is cool about this thing? she turned to look at him with a bright smile "Back home we don't really do the whole van thing a lot, much less one with this much personality" she explained. lane looked at the van's stained dash before making a 'hm' sound and shrugged "good point"

Sharing a room had gone from being annoying and tiring to both heaven and hell. y/n loved his jokes and even pranked him back, on the other hand, his girlfriend hated y/n. she couldn't stand the silly little jokes Y/n got wrong either. lane was starting to feel like they were tearing him apart, in so many ways. berni wanted him to kick y/n out of his room and to end his friendship with her. Y/N wasn't forcing him to do anything.

if anything she was trying to help lane overcome his problems with berni by stepping away, leaving lane feeling alone and helpless. he stood on the stage of the party and felt the joke he had prepared over and over die on his tongue as he made eyecontact with Berni in the crowd. suddenly his chest felt tighter. his stomach churned and his heart beat in his throat. the world around him started spinning and he felt as if the air didn't reach his lungs.

tears stung his eyes as he held onto the microphone stand. he became increasingly more aware of the crowd whispering about him and giggling quietly among themselves. he tried taking another shaky breath as he tried to focus on a familiar face that always calmed him but berni was cold and careless towards him.

lane felt his throat close up more before he was pulled off of stage, warm hands cupping his cheeks. a distant angelic voice calling his name, telling him to breath and clear his mind. closing his eyes he regained controll of himself and slowly broke down when the warm and kind person pulled him down into a protective hug.

"There you go... There you go... You're okay. I've got you" Y'n breathed out running her fingers through his hair slowly and carefully. after a few minutes he pulled back slowly and wiped his face with shaking hands "Thank you" he said with a scratchy throat "It's fine, here its the next best thing from sugar water" she said handing him a can of sugary soda.

lane drank it slowly as he sat on the floor beside her. berni came backstage after a while and gasped when she saw lane with his head on Y/n's shoulder while the girl silently ran her fingers through his hair. "Lane!?" she snapped making the poor guy jump upright and look at her in horror "Berni! Where were you? I needed you..." he said looking at her, betrayl and hurt in his eyes. she scoffed and shook her head, "You are a disgrace, nothing morethan a worthless, dead beat clown"

Y/n took Lane's hand and gave him a warm smile "Some people will always be unhappy. even when you try your best to make them proud and happy. the truth is you only have to make yourself happy to reach your dreams, as long as you are happy with what you are doig you'll be the best" Lane smiled softly at her as berni growled and stomped off.

lane knew then and there that he was more than in love with her. he found someone that builds him up when times are tough and someone who will be there for him when he was at his lowest. a guiding light in dark times and dark times there were, but she was there everytime he needed her. no matter what.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys, what's up?
There's something I've been wanting to talk about for a long time and haven't gotten the chance bc of writers block, exams and other pains I've been dealing with.

I've been wanting to talk about positivity among us all. Not just body positivity, but positivity about who we are. In my country I'm hated because of how I look. I'm hated for things I don't even know about.
I'm sick of the negativity going around. I wish people would be more accepting. It's wishful thinking isn't it?

One of the readers commented something negative about how they look and I want to challenge each of you to stand in front of the mirror and just smile. Smile because people think it's beautiful. Sure not everyone likes you but that just means your not their type.

Be your own type because if you love yourself and find yourself and all your flaws absolutely radiant then more and more people will fall in love with your confidence.
I know it's hard but you are perfectly imperfect. Those imperfections make you absolutely perfect and that's all that counts.

Sorry for the mile long rant. I'm just tired of getting hated and getting told I'm not beautiful just because I don't have a tiny waist because you know what?

I love my stomach rolls and my tick tighs and above all I love my slightly chubby cheeks and my freckles.

Rant over now.
Sorry😅

Please request something you want written and with who because I need new requests while I have time to write them.

Bye now!