Lars X Kawaii!Reader

Alright so since I have been trying (and failing) to come up with a good plot and kawaii character... I decided to base the reader character on one of my own characters.... So for this... Pretend you play the violin bc it's either that or me slamming my head into the desk more... Happy reading!

Lars was never one for music, he didn't hate it but he'd rather spend time reveling in his own mind coming up with poems and fantasies about his vampire shows...

That was until he heard a faint melody late one afternoon. It stole his breath away and his very soul craved to hear more. Did he act on that impulse though?

No. He did not... Which led to several weeks of sleepless nights longing for that sweet melody. When summer passed his friends were startled to find he had developed a very, very faint tan because of all the time he had spent hunting for the melody... They also found he was a lot more grouchy...

As the bell rang for homeroom the door opened and their teacher of the year stepped in, followed by someone that positively stole Lars' breath.

They were wearing an oversized, lilac sweater which made them seem small and dainty... They held their bag against their chest and was blushing faintly under the intensity of the class' gaze.

"Class this is Y/N Y/L/N, they'll be joining us this year. Make sure to make them feel welcome" their teacher said showing them which seat to take. Y/N gladly moved to the desk in the back of the class, setting their bag on the desk.

Lars' eyes followed them for a moment before shaking his head and looking away "What was that about?" Lars' friend asked watching him. Lars gave a silent nod and zoned out for the rest of the class. His mind back on the melody he had heard weeks ago.

With a sigh Lars finally got ready to leave the school, he had stayed to help his favorite teacher with something and was drained from any energy he had at the start of the day.

Closing his locker and adjusting his bag, he felt every fiber of his being stall up as the melody that haunted his mind. Feeling short of breath he immediately sprinted down the empty halls to find the source.

It was so beautiful and hypnotic... A perfect echo of longing and love, wrapping around Lars like a blanket of comfort and madness.

Finally he found the door from which the violin was leaking. His body felt shaky and heavy as he realized how close he was to his obsession. To finally meeting the person his heart had convinced him he needed in his life...

His body stalled once again in the doorway as he saw Y/N... Their shortish hair pulled into a delicate little ponytail, their fingers working gracefully as they pressed into the strings, the bow gliding slowly over the strings. Lars stepped in and managed to crash into something.

Startled Y/N yelped and instinctively hid their violin while smacking Lars with the bow making him let out a squawk of pain "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you! You just startled me!" Y/N rambled out, setting their violin down they went to help Lars but only managing to trip over pure nothingness and crash to the floor with another yelp.

Lars looked down at them with his lips pressed "Are... Are you okay?" he asked carefully as they gave a little whine and sat up slowly "I'm okay... Sorry for hitting you..." they said quietly looking at him with wide eyes.

Lars felt himself getting sucked into those beautiful eyes, lost in their beauty and grace. He snapped himself out of his thoughts when he realized he had been staring "Do you play often?" he asked trying to cover that he had basically been stalking them.

Y/N went deep red and started stuttering about how they weren't that good and needed a lot of practice. Lars blinked a few times as they rambled on "Well I thought you were pretty good..." Lars informed them when he got the chance.

Y/N paused their little rant to look at him wide eyed with a deep blush "Really?" they asked quietly. Lars nodded softly "Yeah... I think I heard you playing a while back... Over the summer" Lars said hesitantly.

Was he really going to admit that he had spent hours searching for the song? Admit that it had consumed his thoughts until it was all he could think about?

He really didn't like that idea...

Y/N looked ready to faint from embarrassment "You heard me?" they asked in a tiny squeak. Lars bit hard on his lip as he nodded "Yeah... I... Thought it was really good too... Very soothing..." he offered awkwardly, doing his best to fight off the pink tint slowly crawling over his cheeks.

Y/N smiled shyly at him "Thank you very much..." they whispered softly. Lars bit his lip and smiled at them "want to tell me more about it?" he asked softly.

Y/N lit up and immediately started ranting and talking about it. Happy to unload about their passion and show the calluses where the strings bit into their fingers. The more they spoke the happier they looked, their sleeves fell over their hands when they made hand gestures. An adorable little blush settling over their cheeks when they realized they had been ranting.

They got interrupted by Y/N's phone ringing loudly, they answered and with a nervous laugh "Sorry... Yes... I will be home right away" they said before hanging up and looking at Lars apologetically "would you like to talk more tomorrow?" Y/N asked quietly and shyly.

Lars smiled instantly at them and nodded "Of course... Why don't we have lunch and you can tell me more" he suggested as he helped Y/N pack up their violin.

True to his word Lars had lunch with Y/N... Once turned into twice and twice led to weeks... Weeks led to months.... Before Lars knew it he was watching Y/N play for him and him alone... A melody of love and friendship and something so much more...

Y/N often stole Lars' hoodies and jackets drowning in them... They had grown out their hair a little more and Lars hadn't realized exactly how deeply they had crawled into his heart.

Y/N had fallen asleep while doing homework with Lars... Leaned against their hand pen still in their other hand and their lips parted softly with quite little snores... Lars smiled softly to himself before gently picking them up.

"Sweet as honey, delicate as a daffodil. Kind as water to a thirsty traveler... Oh how I wish you could be mine" Lars recited quietly as he laid them down on his bed and covered them in a blanket.

He felt his head stop when Y/N grabbed his hand "Lars..." they whispered softly "I want you to be mine too" they mumbled softly and half asleep.

Lars went deep red as he looked down at them before pressing a soft kiss to their temple "Then I will ask you properly as soon as you've slept" he promised gently.

Y/N smiled shyly to themself as they drifted quietly to sleep.

I hope you liked it and I hope I didn't screw up the request too badly!