[10] Leaving

My eyes flicker as they try to adjust to the dark surroundings. Sitting up and looking around, I realized that I had fallen asleep on the edge of the clock. I turned around to check the time, it was 5 a.m. I look down at the empty vodka bottle lying to my left, I rest my back against the wall. 

As I'm walking to the Mikaelson mansion, I see someone being attacked. But as I continue to walk, I notice that the brown-haired man is Klaus. I quietly start walking in their direction and see Sheriff Forbes fighting against Klaus's hold.  Klaus's canines appear as he goes to bite her, I quickly pull him off her before he has the chance to draw blood from her. 

He quickly catches himself before falling, and he smirks. "If you wanted to have her so bad you could have just told me, sister."

"Are you serious? Damon and Stefan tried to kill you by working with Mikael, and now you want to piss them off even more by not only killing a sheriff but Caroline's mother! Have you thought this through?! You're giving them more reasons to kill you! You need to take a few steps back and think about what you're going to do next, are you going to fight or are you going to let them think that they have won, before attacking! Nik, you not making this to your advantage."

Klaus looks at me with a puzzling glare, as I stand in front of Forbes. He slowly nods his head and turns around. "I'll see you later sister,"

"There's no later, Im going back to New York this morning." He looks back starts walking to me, and wraps his arms around me. I freeze, I slowly wrap my arms around his torso. In a blink of an eye, he was gone, nowhere to be seen. 

I step away from the woman, making a few feet between us. I look at her neck to make sure that she didn't get bitten, not a single scratch on her, I turn around leaving her alone in the streets.

"T-thank you. For saving me." She looks at me with thanks but also with fear. As if I was an exploding bomb.

"Let's just say it was an apology act on my behave. Have a good one Sherriff"

When I got back to the mansion, it was dark and quiet. I quickly packed my things, before my brother came up with a reason as to why I should stay. As I pack my car, I see Damon and Stefan looking at me with a frown. I see them walking up to me as I put my last bag in the car. I lean against the car once they stand in front of me. 

"Nice car. Where do you get it?"

"Some guys at a club didn't end well for him, but I got something out of it," I smirk as Damon walks around the car, trying not to look memorized, but failed. He comes back on the other side of the car, and whistles before looking at me. 

"Leaving so soon?" My attention then turns to Stefan's eyes have something in them but I can't quite put my nail on it. 

"Why are you guys gonna miss me? " I smirked, looking between the two. I noticed Stefan's gaze go to the floor before wiping it and looking up. 

"You wish. Aurora." Damon smirks, he turns around and walks across the street heading to the grill. Stefan is still standing there, our eyes lock, and everything around us is forgotten. It feels like it's only Stefan and I. I feel something weird happening in my abdomen, making me uneasy. Shiffers running down my back, I quickly look at the ground, not liking how I was reacting to his eyes. I still feel his eyes on my head, "Well I hope you have a safe drive. It was nice meeting you 'Olivia'." 

I try holding back my chuckle but fail as it slips through my lips. When I look up I see his eye on my lips, too scared to move, I look to the side, making him clear his throat. We say our goodbyes, he leaves the same way Damon did. 

I watch until I can't see him anymore and get into the car. I sit in the car looking straight ahead, wrapping my mind about how my body was reacting to Stefan's gaze. I was almost like all the books I've read, those stupid fall-in-love romance stuff. That can't be what this is, can it? No, it's not, I'm just making things up. I need to leave and never come back.