[24] Sorry

Not knowing what to do, I did the first that came to mind. Kiss him. I never had the relationship that I have with Stefan, that I do with anyone. everyone has been saying we are like a couple and would make a cute couple. Even Elijah said the same thing, and unfortunately, he is rarely wrong. He made me realize that I need to stop worrying about what could happen and focus on the present. To listen to my heart is something that I haven't done in decades, that is how I survive. And I guess I forgot what it's like to live the life I dreamed of.

I could feel so many eyes looking at me and Stefan, which made me put my guard up. I began pulling back when I felt a hand slide to my neck and push me against him. He started kissing me back and placed his other hand on my wrist. The kiss felt like it went on for hours, when in reality it was most likely a few seconds before we pulled away.

He pressed our foreheads together and looked into each other's eyes. Tears started to form at the edge of his eyes, ready to fall at any second. Once they fall, I use my thumb to wipe them away. He leans down and pulls me in close, his head hides in my neck, and I hear small cries. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.

I see everyone's eyes on us, with shocked expressions, I try to ignore them and focus on Stefan. After a few seconds, he slowly pulls away and looks at me with red, puffy eyes.

"I killed all those i-innocent p-people. I-I couldn't c-control-. And y-you, I-I'm sorry" 

I could barely hear him and he was standing in front of me. I look at him confused. "It's ok, you had no control. It's not your fault. There's nothing to be sorry for. And if there's anyone who should be apologizing it's me. I was too scared to follow my heart and what would happen if I did. I never meant to hurt you, that's why I pushed you away, I was scared that you would be hurt by being seen with me. But people made me realize that you and I need me. I don't know anything about love or how to love, but I want to try. I want to try for you. I'm sorry." 

"No, it's not your fault, Elijah told me everything. I'm sorry for what Mikael did to you and Klaus, I'm always gonna be here for you. No matter what. I'll teach anything you want, evening though you probably know more things that I do. Let me show you what it's like to be in love, and to have someone care for you and always be by your side." he slowly wiped the tears that had fallen when I was apologizing to him. I looked down at the floor before looking back up to his eyes.

"I know, Elijah told me too" Stefan's smile slowly grew, when he heard what I said. Which made me smile a little, knowing that he was back and everything was ok. 

"You talked to him?"

"Yeah, I had to. I heard what happened with you and I didn't know how I would get you back, so I went to the only person that I knew would be able to help me. We talked things through, though there was some yelling, and some things were maybe thrown." I let a giggle out when I saw Stefan giving me an it was you look. 

He pulls me in, his arm tightens, as does mine and we just hold each other in silence. Once we pulled back, we noticed that everyone had stepped outside to give us some privacy. As Stefan went to tell them to come back, I turned to the bar and went to go get a glass of bourbon. Before I could get the glass, a hand wrapped around my wrist and turned me around. Stefan smashes his lips onto mine, kissing me hard as if telling me his feelings through the kiss. After a few seconds, Stefan pulls away and smiles. The door suddenly opens and Damon walks in, Elena hot on his heels calling after him.

"Damon! They're not done, you can't just walk in here! Let them have their privacy!" Elena continues to walk after Damon as he walks towards us. 

" Well, they had enough time! I'm tired of hearing you and Caroline talking about the latest drama that's been going on. I don't know how you guys don't get headaches. Aura, can you pass me the bourbon?" Damon gets a glass for himself as he talks. Elena gives us an apologetic face, clearly trying to get Damon out of there. I frown my eyebrows at the name but, give him the bourbon and my glass at the same time. He pours a little bourbon into each glass before handing my glass to me, and we hit our glasses together and chug the liquid. 

"It's fine Elena, we were about to tell you guys to come in anyways "

At this point, everyone was back in the bar and standing in the middle. Stefan lets go of my wrist and walks over to his mother slowly. She has tears in her eyes as she looks up to Stefan. 

"I'm so sorry Stefan." That's all she could say before she broke down in his arms. It was silent until me and Damon cheered one more time, and everyone turned to us as we chuged.