[12] She Came

"... She said you were extraordinary, and you are. And so is she. Liz was a hero to this town. She was a hero to all of you. And she was a hero to me. Good-bey Sheriff. You will be missed"

Damon steps down from the altar and walks to his seat, at the same time Caroline walks up to the altar. As she turns around, her eyes widen a little, Damon nudges me and points his head back. I discreetly turn around, my eyes meet chocolate brown eyes. She was here, standing in the back. Her black dress pants stop at the perfect length making her black heels visible, with a black shirt sticking to her like a second skin. Her gold necklaces stuck out, making me want to bury my face into the crotch of her neck.

Damon nudges me again, making me realize that I've been staring at her. I then turned my attention to Caroline singing a song that her mother liked.

After Caroline sang, everyone slowly left the church. As we walked out, I couldn't help but look around to see those beautiful brown eyes. When most of the guests have left, we go to the grill. Everyone went to the grill after the funeral, people were talking low and having drinks. Caroline wanted to go home, she wanted to be alone. I tried stopping her but she refused to listen.

It was now 10 p.m., and at this point, everyone was gone, it was just Caroline's friends. We were getting ready to leave when the front door opened and Caroline was pushed in by someone. She turned around glaring at whoever pushed up and took a step or two when Aurora came through the door with a bottle of Everclear. The most alcoholic drink and one of the few that can make vampires drunk.

"Aurora" her name slipped through my lips before I could stop myself.

Aurora pushed Caroline to one of the bar stools, "Sit" and Caroline didn't hesitate to follow her command. Aurora walks behind the bar, making the bartenders walk away in a hurry. She grabs two shot glasses and places them in front of Caroline.

"Can we take a minute and think about this?" Alaric decided to step in when he noticed that neither me nor Damon would.

I notice Damon looking around the grill, looking for something. "Where's Elena?" Everyone waits for an answer as Aurora pours the liquid into the glass.

"Are they always like this? So damn tense. To answer your Damon, she is currently in the car knocked out. If you have a problem with that you'll have to talk to your dear Caroline when she is in a better mind state." She looks up at us when she's done pouring the shot to the brim. She gives Caroline a shot glass and they both drown the drink. Damon and Alaric had walked over to the car to get Elena.

They go for two more rounds before I decide to speak up, "OK that's enough for one night, let's get you home Car" I walk over to Caroline, grabbing her arm.

"It's already taken care of, so fuck off" I look up at Aurora, our eyes connecting, and noticing water building up in the corners of her eyes. My stomach tightens, and I feel my heart breaking as I watch myself try to hold it together.

I walk around the bar making sure not to break eye contact as I grab the Everclear bottle. Her hand tightens around the neck of the bottle, I gently grab her wrist pulling it lightly. I set the bottle down on the counter and took the shot glass away. Tears slowly fell down her cheek as her breath started to quicken. I wiped the tears with my thumb and pulled her into my arms. I place my chin at the top of her head, looking at Caroline wondering if maybe she knows something. But in response, she zipped her mouth and through an invisible key behind her. Her breathing became more instead and a little sob muffled into my chest.

The door opened and Tyler stepped in, he looked around the room but landed on us.

"Take Caroline to Klaus" she muffled into my chest, holding onto my shirt tightly. Her head digs more into me as if she is trying to hide from how vulnerable she is.

"his umm?" I frown and give Tyler a confused look she sniffles, and Aurora tenses and squeezes my shirt more tightly

Tyler looked at Aurora in my arms and slowly he went up to Caroline, who had her head on the bar the whole time, and picked her up in bridal style. She tried talking to him but the only thing that was coming out were slurs.