[21] Don't Need Me

" I don't know if it'll work..." says Lillian, who is Damon and Stefan's mother. Damon thinks that Stefan will turn his humanity back on when he sees his mother, which makes me question why I'm even here in the first place. 

"It has to, we just have to corner him somehow" Damon turns to me, as I sip my bourbon and look up at him.

"Yes?"

"That's when we need you. We need you to bring him to us, once we have him where we need him then, Lillian you come out and make him turn his humanity back on...Tada" Everyone is quiet, clearly thinking. 

"No" I stand up and drown the remaining bourbon in the glass. I slam the glass on the small table behind the couch. "First off, what makes you think Stefan will follow me, his not stupid. Second, I'm not wasting my time trying to get a vampire without humanity to follow me. Elena or Caroline can do that themselves,  meaning you don't need me. So you guys just send me a little text when dear old Stefan has his humanity." You walk out the door, not wanting to hear what anyone else has to say. 

You hear your name being called out repeatedly. You finally stop, and turn around to see Elena walking up to you. You were about to turn around and continue walking, but Elena spoke up.

"Wait, Aurora... Look, I... When we first met you and found out who and what you were, I was scared for my life and for my friends who were protecting me. But I realize that you're just someone who has been chased for many years and forgotten what it's like to trust people other than your family. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Stefan would do everything in his power to help you if you were in his situation, and I think deep down you care about him just as much as he does, but you're scared to become vulnerable. Stefan needs you and you're the only person that can bring him back..." she spoke with hope and desperation in her voice. 

She slowly walked closer to you until you were a couple of steps away. She hesitantly brought her hand to yours and put it up between you two. Not knowing what to do I nodded my head and held eye contact.

"Just go back inside.... please" 

"You guys will do just fine without me, you guys have Lilian."  Finally turning around and walking away. 

~~~

I've been sitting in my car for the past 20 minutes, contemplating whether or not I should go talk to him. I don't know what to do anymore, I've never felt like the need to get someone else opinion, or just need help to make a decision. And I haven't talked to him since everything happened, I feel bad for how I acted but it still hurts knowing what he did. 

I get out of the car walk to the front door, and knock. After a few seconds, there was still no noise and a door shut. 

Suddenly the door opened wide and there he stood. His eyes widen open and his mouth drop-down, down before a smile makes it to his face. 

"Rora"

"Hey Elijah..."