[11] Preparation

<Months Later>

It's been a week since Damon returned from the prison world, Damon has done everything he can to contact Bonnie and help her out. Caroline had lost her mother a few days ago and is now planning her funeral with the support of the girls.

I am sitting on the couch, with Damon sitting across from me, trying to come up with ideas to help Bonnie. Damon gets up and walks around the couch to grab a drink, leaning the glass towards me, and making me shake my head.

It's been four months since Aurora left town, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way her hair moved against her skin, or her beautiful chocolate brown eyes would look up at me. The memory of her leaning her head on my shoulder keeps replaying. The protectiveness I felt at that moment, wanting to put her life before mine. I wanted to hold her and keep her in my arms, it had felt so right.

I come back to reality when the front door is opened Caroline and Elena walk in. The tension is clear that Caroline and Elena are fighting about god knows what.

"You can't invite her Car! She tried to kidnap me! She held your mom hostage-"

"And she saved her life from Klaus! And y-yes she did all that stuff, but if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have been able to be with my mom for 5 more months. Look if she wants to come this she'll come, I doubt she'll even show up." Caroline sat down next to me as Elena stood in front of her, with a mad facial expression.

"What's going on?" I look between Elena and Caroline. Caroline turns her attention to me, " I sent an invitation to Aurora to my mother's funeral, and Elena is against the idea"

" Cause she kidnapped you, use your mother as bait! How many more reasons do you need?!"

"Look Elena, if Caroline is ok with her going, then you can't stop her. It's what she would have wanted." I looked at Elena while I rubbed Caroline back, as her head was in her hands. 

Damon sat on the couch across, Elena joining him. He wraps his arms around her shoulders, as she lays her head on his shoulder. The memory come up once again, wishing it could happen again. 

<Two Days Later>

It was the morning of the funeral, Elena and Caroline went early to make sure everything was in order and where it should be. Damon and I are currently getting ready, when Damon turns to me. 

"You would think at the age of 171 years, we would have gone to many funerals, and yet this is only our second one?"

"Good to know we're making jokes about funerals"

"Do you think she's gonna come?" I freeze and turn to Damon who is pushing his tie up. I shrug, not wanting my voice wont be able to stay stable when speaking about her. I hope that she does come today but at the same time, I don't want her and Damon to cause a scene. 

When we got to church, I saw Caroline by herself near her mother's coffin, I decided to give her some encouraging words to get her through the day. I see Elena standing in the corner, deciding to leave, giving Caroline a hug before. I go find Damon, who is re-saying this, which I'm guessing is going to be his speech. I help him out a little, his been at this speech for two days and it only brings memories back from our mother. Not soon after people we told to get to their seats and settle down.