[25] Past

We got back to the Salvatore house a few hours ago. Everyone was hanging out, talking laughing, all the fun stuff. Damond, Stefan, and Tyler were hanging out in one area, while Elena, Corrine, Bonnie, and Lilly sat in the living room laughing and talking about the drama that's been going on.

I was slowly making my way to the door, making sure no one saw me as I stepped out. I take a couple of steps forward so I can get a view of the bright stars. Staring at the stars, reminds me, of the nights when my siblings and I would lie on the grass and watch the stars. I miss the connection we had amongst each other before Mikael turned us. But we can't always get what we want, can we now?

The sound of a heartbeat got my attention, and noticed a small figure approaching. I turned my head, to see Bonnie standing next to me. We stand next to each other in silence before she speaks up.

"Thank you... For bringing Stefan back" she spoke softly. I nod in response, still overwhelmed with what happened. I look at her for a few seconds, before we make eye contact and I look forward again. Cricket noise fills the silence.

"You and Emily are very similar..." I spoke lowly, not wanting everyone to realize where we were.

"Sorry?"

"Emily, she's your 4th great-grandmother." Not wanting to make eye contact I keep my eyes on the stars.

"Y-yeah. How do you know that?"

" You remind me a lot of her. You're the opposite of her, everything that she couldn't be."

"How did you meet?" I had Bonnie's full attention at the point, and she was facing me wanting me to answer all her questions. Now and then I would look at her to see her reactions or her facial expression.

" At the time I was friends with Katherine, and we were out and about when more than 2,000 hunters circled us. We were on about to accept our defeat when Emily came along and saved us. From then we became friends. Everyone called us the Hell Trio, it was stupid in my opinion. Centuries later, Katherine was attracted by both Elijah and Klaus. She claimed that she was 'deeply in love' with both of them. I didn't like it, but I let it slide, not thinking much of it. Until she broke Elijah's heart, Klaus didn't react to her leaving. In revenge, Klaus slaughters her whole family. After that I stopped talking to Katherine, Emily wanted to stay friends with both her and me. Which I couldn't care less. Emily and I stayed together, until the late 19th century, we were visiting Mystic Fall and had bumped into Katherine. That's when everything went downhill. At this point, Katherine had been head over heels for the Salvatore brothers. Katherine got into trouble like always. Emily told Damon that she would cast a spell to protect Katherine. She had begged for me to protect her family, how some made me accept. I tried to stop her but she had her mind set to save and protect Katherine. Not soon after the town found out that she was a witch and they burned her at the stake. I looked after the Bennett family until I had to run away from Mikael. A few centuries after I ran into your great-grandmother and lived with her. I saw Shelia grow up and live her teenage life until I realized that your family didn't need me anymore and moved on."

Silence once was the only thing heard. Bonnie just looked at me, as she comprehended everything I just told her.

"I've been trying to figure out the holes in the stories I was told about my family and was never able to put the piece together. Thank you. You don't understand how much this means to me" Her body is facing me as she thanks me. I hum in response, not wanting to say anything.

"You know, once we pass the thick walls you put up, you sweat." She smiles

" Sweat?" This time I turn to her with a disgusting face.

" Alright maybe not sweat, but it shows what you want."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I not getting where she is going with this and I don't think I like where it's heading.

"You want a home..."

"I have a home..?" Yeah, this does not make any sense whatsoever.

"Not a home, home. But the feeling of home. The people you can hang out with without having to look over your shoulder or where you can close your eyes and you know that they'll protect you with their life. Like you and Stefan." Bonnie gives me a small smile before turning around to the house. I stand outside for a minute looking at the stars, not wanting to go back inside.

"You haven't changed one bit..." I look ahead and smile when I see who it is.

"What do you mean?" Elijah walks until he's standing in front of me.

"When there's a lot of people or events that involve talking, I always somehow find you standing outside in your little world." I let out a little giggle before covering up with a cough. Elijah smiles and shakes his head, as he grabs my arm and turns me around. I look back at him before he tugs at my arm for me to walk to the house.

As we walk in, everyone is surprised and excited that Elijah has shown up. Damone and Tylor walked up to Elijah to start to talk to him, I slowly took a couple of steps back to give them some room. I backed up until I bumped into a hard surface, not thinking much I took a step forward. I was stopped when I felt something wrap around my waist, looking down I saw muscler arms around me.

"You alright?" His voice was low since his face was right next to mine.

"I'm good" I turned my face to his, not realizing how close we were.