[20] Do it for Him

We're both sitting down on the couch in silence, after Lexi and I finished talking. She had explained to me everything that had happened between, her coming to see Stefan for his birthday, to Damon killing her. We had got to know each other, and I have to say, I like this girl. It was nighttime by the time we had finished talking about everything. 

Lexi had told me that Caroline had shown her a picture that she had taken of me and Stefan, the night my father died. My head was resting on Stefan's shoulder, while his arm was resting across my shoulder. I remember that night, it was the first time that I had opened up to someone or let anyone see me as weak and vulnerable.

Lexi stood up and walked to the front of me, I raised my eyebrows waiting for her to say something. "Well, we're not just gonna sit around and do nothing, let go!"

"Where are you going?" I looked up at her confused as to where she got the sudden energy to go somewhere this late. 

"We are going to Mystic Falls" She smiled brightly.

"By we, you mean, you and yourself." She let out a sigh and walked over to me. 

"Look, I might not know everything about you but I know one thing that's for sure. You and Stefan have something special, and I could tell by the way he talked about you that he would do anything for you. And right now he needs someone that can help him through this without turning his humanity off if he hasn't done it by now. His best friend of over a century just died, he needs you..."

"Lexi, you don't understand, I can't do that. It's the whole reason why I left in the first place. I can't be around him, he's better without me! I'm doing this to protect him-" I stand up getting uncomfortable and annoyed.

"How are you protecting him, when he needs you the most!"

" You don't get it, Lexi! I'm a threat to every creature in the world! I am something that no one else is, who do you think they see me as? They see me as a threat, as something that could kill them! I get hunted down for things that I've done, and those people end up dead. I'm a killer, I am someone who when loses control becomes a killing machine and doesn't stop-"

"That's what Stefan is! You and Stefan need each other and could help each other, you just need to accept that-"

"Omg Lexi, that night in New Orleans, before I left for New York, I felt myself become numb. And I knew at that moment if I didn't leave, I would do things that I would later regret. I left to protect Stefan from myself, the part of me that can't be controlled. The part of me that wants blood to cover the world, to have no emotions, that only sees red."

"I can help you, Stefan can help you! I taught Stefan to control himself, I can do the same for you!"

"No, you can't! When I become numb, I am worse than a ripper! Lexi I'm not just a vampire, I'm all three, vampire, werewolf, and witch. Everything is so hard when you have to control two creatures at the same time. I'm constantly fighting the powers that keep affecting all three creatures. I'm something that could end this world, that's how much power I have." I take a deep breath, as silence fills the room.

"I moved to New York because I was showing emotions and had no control over any of them, but also to protect Stefan. Stefan is a great guy, any girl deserves a man like that. But not me. He needs someone who is gonna be there for him and help him get through the tough times. If I go back, it's gonna make him think that I'm coming back to him. The more I'm around him, the more my enemies will put the dots together and go after him. And that is the last thing he and I need."

I sit back down on the couch, resting my head in my hands. I see Lexi slowly sit next to me, " Stefan cares about you more than he cares about anyone. Think about all the times he's been there for you when you needed someone. Be there for him, be the person that helps him get control. He is what you need, and you are what he needs right now. Do it for him, for his sake." 

Just as I was about to speak, my phone went off on the coffee table. Me and Lexi look over to see Damon's name flashing. I lean back into the couch and let the phone ring, not in the mood for him and his bullshit. The phone rang once again, this time I picked it up putting it on speaker. 

"Damon"

"Hey Aurora, how are you?"

"What do you want Damon?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking"

"Bye"

"No! Aurora, I fucked up and need your help" I look over at Lexi, who had her eyebrows raised.

"Wow, Damon Salvatore needs help. Give me a sec I gotta put it in the calendar, I'll be right back"

"Aurora. It's Stefan...He turned off his humanity..."