[9] Free

Before I could take in my surroundings, Damon appeared behind Klaus, turned him around, and stabbed him in the chest. I let out a scritching yell, causing Damon to fly across the room. I run to Klaus making sure he's still alive, I look up to see Damon making his way to us only to be pushed to the floor by Stefan. I see Damon and Stefan talking to each other, while Mikael is shocked realizing that it was Katherine, not Elena.

I look at Klaus and see the white oak stake a few feet away. I look at Mikael and then at the stake. I grab the stake and speed Mikael stabbing him in the chest making both of us fly off the front porch. Mikael starts to scream and starts to get on fire as I stand up and watch. I stand there watching, not believing that Mikael was gone for real.

All the pain that I went through because of him, had made me the monster I am today. All the beats whether it was because I wasn't his child or I would rather get beat than see my siblings get hurt. Even though I'm a monster today because of those beats, I would do it again cause I rather go through that pain than have my sibling go through that pain, It was my job as the oldest sibling, to protect them from harm, and that's what I did.

As was so much in my own world that, I hadn't noticed that someone was standing next to me. I look to my left and see Stefan looking at Mikael's body. We stand there quietly, not one of us daring to break the silence. Slowly, I put my head on his shoulder and looked start ahead. I feel Stefan's arm slowly lay on my shoulder, and pull me closer. I close my eyes and listen to the silence, knowing that this is how it's going to be, no more running.

"I've always dreamed of this day. Playing different scenarios on how I was going to kill that son of a bitch. Knowing that once he was dead, we didn't have to hide or run away every time. But now that's his dead, I don't know what to do first or what we're to visit." I didn't know why I was telling him this. I just felt like telling him everything, every secret I have kept to myself, or my darkest deepest fear.

I look up at him, only to find him already looking at me. We hold eye contact, his hand finding its way to my cheek wiping a tear that I hadn't noticed was going down.

"You can do whatever you want"

"Thank you, for saving us back there." I gave him a small smile and started walking away until I felt his hand grab my elbow. I quickly wipe my tears before turning around to face him.

"You can always come to me, Aurora. You are not alone, you have Klaus your siblings, but you also have me"

I nod and turn around waking to the entrance of the house. As I close the door, I look back to see Stefan slowly walking away.

"It was nice meeting you, Stefan. I hope we'll get to see each other in the future." Stefan turned around as I spoke. I could see that his smile was fake as he waved at me.

As I walk inside, I see people are still in the backyard dancing to the music like nothing happened. My heart telling me to go back to Stefan but my brain refuses. I go to the bar grab the strongest drink and walk out of the house. I walk into town and look around. The clock dings, making it known that it's midnight. I look up at the clock and in a flash, I'm sitting down on the ledge and look at the town below me.