[23] Thoughts

I was across the street sitting on a bench waiting for the girls to get Stefan in the bar. Damon and I agreed that it would be better that once Stefan and Damon give me the signal, I would walk in and block the entrance.

I was minding my own business until I heard Elena's and Caroline's voices. I looked in that direction and saw Stefan walking slowly behind them. I watch them walk in, Damon and Lilie walk out from the back of the bar.

It's been about 10 minutes, and I'm officially bored. I look around and see a small movie theater. I decided to head over and buy myself some popcorn. But by the time I got there, I saw something in the corner of my eye.

Turning around, I see a lot of movement going on in the bar. As I'm slowly walking towards to bar, I see Damon quickly giving me the signal before Stefan attacks him. I quickly walk in, getting the attention of everyone but Stefan.

I stand in the middle of the doorway, not knowing exactly what I should do, and if I should even step in. I look around the room, noticing Lily and Elena walking towards me. They both look at me with worry and hope in their eyes.

"Oh thank god you're here! You need to stop them before they kill each other." Lily had grabbed my arm and was tucking it.

"You're the only one that can stop Stefan-" Elena was cut off by the sound of glass breaking and yelling. Stefan was holding a sharp piece of glass digging into Damon's heart, while Damon was pressed up against the bar counter. I quickly speed over the Stefan and pull him off his brother, pushing him a few steps back.

"That's enough!" You look at Damon to make sure that he's alright. Both I can turn my attention back to Stefan, my head goes flying to the right. Realizing that I had been punched, I quickly recovered before he could send another one. I take a few steps back while keeping my eyes on Stefan who was taking a slow step towards me.

"Stefan. Cut it out!" I had stopped walking and waited for Stefan to come to me. And he did, he threw a punch my way but was able to block it with my arm and punched him in the stomach. Sending him flying back into the wall, and falling to the ground.

"I don't think that was necessary-" Elena cut in.

"If you don't like it, you deal with the situation" I looked at her, waiting for her to answer. But she only looked down and took a couple of steps back.

"Well, look who decided to show up. Aurora fucking Mikaelson." Stefan lets out a chuckle while getting up.

"Stefan please, can we just talk this out" Stefan cuts Lily off by choking her against the wall. I quickly speed over to Stefan and pull him off her. I stand in front of Lily making sure that he can't get to her once again. In the corner of my eye, I see Elena and Caroline walk over to Lily to ensure she's ok.

"Alright stop it, Stefan! Turn your humanity back on." I slowly took a step toward him while my hands were in front of my chest outward. Stefan held eye contact the whole time.

"Why would you care? The only person that you care about is yourself. Cause everything is about Aurora Mikaelson! The tribrid that can kill everyone and everything. Ooo is soo scared! How about you go back to NY and forget, just let you do when-"

"Enough! That's enough, Stefan. Cut it out! Get your shit together and deal with whatever it was that made you turn your humanity off." I took two slow steps toward Stefan who was looking at me with no emotion. It hurt a little not seeing his normal kind, soft, caring eyes. It's like looking into someone's soul and only seeing emptiness. I don't know how to bring him back, I've never felt such a connection with someone then Stefan.

Thinking back on it, he was always there when I needed him. The death of Mikael, Elijah's betrayal, but I've never been there for him. I was so scared that I would get attached to him and would break his heart, cause that's what I do. When people get too close to me, I distance myself from others. I've been betrayed too many times for me to trust someone. And here was Stefan helping all along and all I did was push him away. I didn't know how to react, so I left, but somehow I always went back to Stefan. The connection that I have with Stefan is only going to grow and there's nothing that I can do to change that. The only thing I can do is accept it.

I was so in mind own mind that I didn't see Stefan attack me, and through me to the bar. I knew that he didn't have control over his actions or words. I quickly recovered and got up before he could attack me again. I see Damon standing in front of the girls in a protective stance. Stefan standing right in front of me with his back facing Damon. His entire focus was on me, I felt something go down my spine, as if there were feathers against my back sliding down.

Ignoring that sudden feeling in my back, I hop over the bar and stand closer to Stefan. I slowly walk up to him until our faces are inches away from each other. Suddenly feeling close to him makes me relaxed and forget about everything and everyone around us. It was just me and Stefan. It's like a trance was making me look at him in the eyes and nowhere else. At a slow pace, I placed my hand on his cheek, softly in case he were to freak out. After a few seconds of making sure that he wasn't going to attack, I placed my other hand on his other cheek.

The door suddenly opened, and Tyler and Jeremy walked in, out of breath. Stefan's head had snapped to the door, noting the two boys. He was about to speed off to them until I grabbed his arm and pulled him to me. As he turned his head to me giving me some of his attention, I connected my lips to his.