Chapter 24

Shima's upper half shot up with a gasp. She quickly noticed she was back home, in her bed.

"You're up," Itona breathed out as he stepped into the room. It was merely few hours after the previous events and the male was yet to recover from the surprisingly not so shocking turn of events. His bright yellow eyes dulled a bit as he remembered, his signature red turtleneck looked rumpled, an obvious sign he hadn't taken the time to take care of himself.

"What do you want?" Shima groaned from her spot on the bed, "Where's (Y/n)? She must be really proud of me, huh? Haha most likely worried too-" She stopped mid speech once she noticed the gloomy look in Itona's eyes. Pink brows furrowed in confusion. A moment went by and the female swallowed hard, "Itona... what happened?"

The air grew colder as the two stared at each other, and finally, Itona heaved a sigh.

"You see..."

~~

Silence itched it's way into the usually bright classroom. The gloomy atmosphere seems to have taken over the optimistic vibe that had been ever present since Koro sensei stepped foot in there. As said teacher walked in, with his own anger and guilt, the mood was suddenly more threatening.

Koro sensei surveyed the rest of the room. As expected, they couldn't focus, but then again neither could he. The three empty seats at the back of the class just didn't sit right with anyone. They had all known Shima had gone to look for (Y/n) on her own after Itona dropped a text saying he would try to keep her out of trouble.

Silence, Magical had to admit it was suffocating.  The class was almost never quiet and now no one could bring themselves to uther a single sound.

"Why- we should be looking for her," Okano muttered, her head hanging low. "What if something bad is happening to her?"

The question only put an edge on everyone's mood. Suddenly, Terasaka huffed loudly, nodding in agreement after he had a couple of people's attentions. Albeit obvious, he would never verbally admit to worrying for the (h/c) haired girl.

"They're right, Koro-sensei, we can't just sit around like this!" Karma exclaimed, eyes letting off a dangerous gleam. He crossed his arms when he heard a small wave of agreeing noises. 

Koro-sensei was tempted to gather up his students and go on the search for the gurl then and there, but he knew better than to put his students in harms way again. "I understand your frustration, but we cant do anything right now."

"Why not?!" Someome yelled.

"Karasuma-sensei is already working on finding on her location. You all should just focus on school work for now."

Maybe he didn't say the right thing, Koro-sensei wasn't sure, he was never much of a motivational speaker anyway, and of course he knew this wouldn't ease their minds but frankly, he couldn't neglect his duties as their teacher.

Finally, with a series of murmured complaints, the E-class went about their day as normal as it could be. With tension for flavour.

~

Most of the students had already left the premises and those who had not were preparing to leave. Koro-sensei slithered his way into the staff room to see Karasuma strictly eyeing his laptop and Irina resting her head on her desk.

"Any progress?"

Karasuma sighed at the question and began to massage his temple out of frustration. "When I tried contacting her guardian, I couldn't get a single trace of them, it's like they suddenly vanished."

"What about the people that sent her? Wasn't she sent here to kill the octopus?" Irina suggested as she raised her head to look at Karasuma with serious eyes.

"Finding them was a hassle, but getting contact with them proved to be even more difficult. Though they said something concerning after I pestered for a while." The military man stated. The other two looked at him expectedly.

"They claimed they had cut ties with her. Apparently, they have wanted nothing to do with her for a while now."

That put the other two on edge, though they remained quiet to allow Karasuma finish.

"We have also gone back to check that place, but everything's been cleared. Signs of us being there had been cleared as well. It's somewhat safe to assume The Reaper has something to do with this."

Koro-sensei grumbled under his breath, his anger becoming more visible as the seconds flew by. "Calm yourself, he's already being tracked."

Koro sensei excused himself from the building, hastily flying off somewhere.

Karasuma sighed and turned back to his work. He might not look it but he was going through as much of a turmoil as everyone else. How could a child simply go missing? Under his watch for that matter? How incompetent had he become?

~

Itona trailed after the pinkette, not allowing the distance between them get larger. He watched her run around the streets carelessly, jumping from roof to roof without a care for herself.

"Shima!" He yelledafter a couple of hours. "Stop. I think we both know where she is," Itona solemnly stated as he watched the female turn her attention towards him.

Shima's blue eyes were wide and wild. Her hair was sticking out in multiple angles and she still had the same outfit on. At Itona's words she rapidly shook her head.

"Shima.."

"(Y/n) can't be there! They promised they wouldn't touch (Y/n) anymore!" Shima said, voice cracking at the word "Promised".

Itona watched her as she tried to wipe away the tears that poured down her cheeks all the while mumbling on about how (Y/n).couldn't be there. He inched closer to her side and when he was, gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Come on, let's just... head home for tonight."

"Do you know why you're here?" A ghostly voice echoed through the walls.

For the first time in a while, (e/c) eyes shined wide with fear.

(No explanation really, but at least I ain't dead.... right?)