Chapter 22

Nagisa was observant, he always has been. It clicked, in fact he was surprised it took so long. (Y/n) (L/n) manoeuvred her way into his school life, weaved herself deep into its strings until she was practically one with it. A single tread, that on a single glance, would seem so plain.

'She was just a classmate, someone he chose to talk to because he thought she looked cool.' Is what he tried to convince himself the night he got home, ears ringing with a single, nostalgic, phrase that slipped from her parted lips. Like a broken record, it played over and over again in his head. As he drifted to sleep, he found himself enjoying the company of someone he thought he had forgotten.

It took some time, but he's 101% sure now.

Nagisa's sapphire blue eyes trailed over the man that stood in front of the class. A rather large bouquet dressed beautifully behind him as he spoke. It was the equivalent to that one part in King George's song. He threatened kids, KIDS, with a sickly sweet tone.

Apparently, the infamous Reaper had decided he wanted to have a go at the octopus. And well, he was being a meanie by baiting the students by using Irina as bait. How rude!

The Reaper held a photo of the captive blonde in his hand, leaving it on full display to the students.
(... I wrote the upper part months ago..)

He had a mischievous look in his dark eyes as he started at the different expression that decorated the student's face. Finally, his eyes turned to the (h/c) haired female, who stood right next to the pink haired girl, a bored expression on her face. She leaned her head towards the other female, who didn't pay the man a glance and was just happy (Y/n) was with her, staring at the man as if he were Mr Turner trying to prove the existence of fairies.

Yeah, she was not impressed, to put simply.

The reaper didn't let his confusion on her show as he gave the students his final instructions, and finally, he left, like he had never been there, leaving behind the extravagant display of flowers.

"We have to get her!" Someone popped up, a few seconds after the reaper had left. A couple words and sounds of agreement echoed through the walls.

Suddenly, Koro senses barged into the classroom, Karasuma trailing after him. The two men looked at the students with serious expressions.

(Y/n) watched absentmindedly as the mouths of her to two teachers moved animatedly. She tuned in a couple of times to deduce they were definitely going to pick up a busty blonde. (Y/n) hummed with a hint of amusement as she leaned more into Shima.

'This'll be interesting.'

~

Karasuma, as well as Koro sensei, led a number of students towards what could be their first real danger exposure. The group pass through multiple twists and turns, soon finding themselves trying to escape a dangerous predator. The man skilfully stalked after the small group, he laughed menacingly as he stepped out of the shadows when the others were faced with a dead end.

Chiba and Hayami quickly crouched down on one knew and shot multiple shots towards the Reaper's direction. The older man let out a malicious chuckle as he easily used his fast reflexes to dodge the accelerated bullets. The second Hayami's bullets ran out, Nagisa and Karma barrelled their forms through the created opening. They simultaneously struck their knives.

"Tch," Karma whispered, feeling himself being pushed back. His feet hit the floor with a loud thud and he and Nagisa went at it again. Many lunges and blocks later, the two boys took battle stances, side by side, breathing heavily.